Paver Project 16' round with wall

dirt22August 9, 2011

I have has a wake-up call today with the price of labor to install pavers and an adjoining techno bloc retaining wall. I am a DIY'er and can appreciate labor and quality. I am simply tapped to venture in on this particular project.

I am looking for feedback on one of my quotes. It is a 14' circle (168 sq. ft) utilizing Techno Bloc Elena random patterned paver: $2,520.00 or $15.5 per sq. A 7 foot step w/ Portofino block on top - the soldier course... that spans 12 feet (1/4 of the cicle): $780.00. A 68 sq foot wall 21' high with mini plus 3" and 6" with verticals capped with the same Portofino bloc used for the step up: $3,060.

Whoa.... I was not expecting the cost to be this high. I was expecting somewher around 4k.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Dirt22

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
inkognito

For starters: there will be a premium in cost for job at the back of a house that requires material being dragged through the garage and up the stairs as opposed to a job at the side of the road. You don't mention this. Then just the one quote will not offer a balance.

Bookmark   August 10, 2011 at 6:04PM
drtygrl

So what do those prices include? What kind of base prep - is that part of the price? Other materials like edging and sand/stone dust? I am assuming the price includes the blocks and installation.

As ink points out - are there site related issues?

Just off the cuff; given that the price includes base prep, all materials, blocks and installation - it doesn't seem extreme to me.

Bookmark   August 11, 2011 at 8:55AM
marcinde(7)

Doesn't sound out of line. In fact, given that Techo is very proud of their stuff and prices it accordingly (it *is* a really nice product), that sq ft price for such a small patio is a smoking deal.

So I'm just curious (because I always wonder these things) - where did you come up with $4K as what you thought was reasonable?

Bookmark   August 12, 2011 at 11:11AM
More Discussions
Landscape Advice Needed | New Homeowners
We just purchased our first home in the southeast and...
Sarah Bain
tall hedge or tress for privacy screen.
I have posted this before in older forums. Not able...
ritholtz47
the bane of my existence - what to plant in driveway ribbon???
I live in a historic district... the board has to approve...
lovetorenovate
Help with frontyard design changes
Hi, I’m in the process of replacing turf in my front...
quikslvr0017
Landscape design assistance
Hello, Our home is in Connecticut (Zone 6A) and we've...
stook1
Sponsored Products
Mahogany 16 Inch Towel Bar
TheBathOutlet
Linda End Table
$199.99 | Dot & Bo
Clean Slate Four-Light Bath Fixture
$369.00 | Bellacor
Valentine Towel Ring
Signature Hardware
Caps Collection Black Mini Pendant Chandelier
Euro Style Lighting
Tech Lighting | 24V 600W Single-Feed Surface-Mounted Magnetic Transformer for TE
$766.40 | YLighting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™