WANTED: Would you like a tracking chart?

gwtamaraJanuary 7, 2013

Hi folks!

Would it be helpful to you to have a page that would allow you to keep track of your trades? What I'm considering is a chart/page that would allow you to enter the trader's name, item, date sent/received, misc/notes, etc. It would be a private (viewable only by you) page that would be accessible from your member page and trading list.

Let me know what you think and what else you might like to see on the page.

Best,

Tamara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones(Mo6b)

Oh, Tamara - that would be wonderful! Even better - this tool with an automatic delivery to our email!!!!

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 2:40PM
kchd(7b/8a MS)

Heck YES, we want that! And I agree with Kay about linking it to our email.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 6:48PM
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska(5)

Somebody created one. She emailed it to me and I've used it. It's an Excel spreadsheet and very effective. You might ask her how she did it (or I can show you). Love the idea it's linked to this website and email, too.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 8:07PM
gwtamara

Kay -- I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by linking it to your email? Do you mean when you add/modify it, it would send it to your email?

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 8:33PM
luvsgrtdanes

I think it's a great idea!

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 10:00PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I too think it is a great idea.

I'm wondering too why anyone would want updates sent to their email, since it would be one's own tracking chart and updated just as we update our own trade lists.

Would it be possible to show us a 'proposed chart' and then we could maybe make further suggestions on it before it is actually put into operation?

Sue

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 10:19PM
kchd(7b/8a MS)

Depending on how it's set up, it would be nice to link to a trading member's profile page, or better yet, to their current R&R forum thread.

I've noticed that a lot of newer members sometimes don't post R&R's correctly, and I think it's partly b/c of trouble finding an already started thread.

If there were a search function for entering the GW user name for whom you are trading with, that could help streamline things, too.

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 5:26PM
sandysgardens

Tamara,

I have an excel spreadsheet that I've used for years that I track all my trades/swaps on for the year - sounds very similar to what you're proposing (trader/swap, what I sent, what I received, when sent/received, etc). I would love to have something similar to be a part of our own private page. Would you be able to create it so we can download it to excel for us to save as an excel file on our pc for use......

Sandy

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 5:32AM
kayjones(Mo6b)

Tamara, what I am proposing would be:

When we set up a trade, using the trade tracking chart, it would automatically be sent to our email address. I have had many experiences where me or the other trader FORGOT about an agreement to trade. If it came to our email we would have another notice that we perhaps wouldn't forget.

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 6:58AM
elliesfun

Yes, linked to member's profile page. I am one of those that doesn't post to R&R page correctly and have been notified its not done correctly but NO ONE has said how to do it. I would love it because for now I try to write in a journal I keep.

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 9:03AM
wally_1936(8b)

I think it would be a great idea. Before I have never gotten enough request for seeds until I found all I needed to do was say HAVE. When the request get to the point of needing to keep track my mind is not great at keeping track and have only recently needed to keep track and started out with only a Word program but Excel would be a much better way to go to organize record-keeping. Thanks

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 9:46AM
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6(Indiana Zone 5/6)

I like the idea too. Do make sure where ever a member's name appears it is linked to there trade page.

Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 10:20PM
zzackey(8b GA)

Sounds great to me!!

Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 1:29AM
kayjones(Mo6b)

Just moving this to the top. Tamera, can this be made to stay at the top of the first page?

Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 1:14PM
zioncottage(7b)

Great idea! Yes, link it to email. Also, have a spot on the chart for keeping track of whether or not we've written their feedback and maybe a spot to keep track of venues in case we have trades from a different exchange forum or website?

Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 3:39PM
More Discussions
WANTED: Green Envy zinnias
My daughter has a passion for flowers, she's 12 and...
sunsetfarm
Search Trade Lists
Any ideas how we search all trade lists for a specific...
shanon_
Want: Sorrel Have: Thai holy Basil for trade
I love to trade Sorrel, Large Leaf or any type of Sorrel...
pat44th
Traders -> Now ANYONE can message you!
Go to https://www.houzz.com/editProfile Edit Profile...
phylis
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check someone's profile page, you will see a...
Tamara
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™