Design Help for slope/berm please

Windhaven(5- Midstate IL)August 3, 2013

I posted this first in the conifer forum and this will give the background. http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/conif/msg0823221820421.html?5

With the help of the advice given in that posting, I believe that I need to work on defining and enlarging the area and raising the front of the bed with landscape rock or boulders. I've seen some great ideas and advice on this site and would love a little input here. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvaark

I suggest you provide another picture that is taken from squared up with the house face and back a distance so that the sides of the yard show. (Or pan the camera from that point showing left, center and right shots.) This presumes that you are concerned about the overall presentation the front yard makes and not just one spot in it that ignores all things around it.

Bookmark   August 4, 2013 at 10:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Windhaven(5- Midstate IL)

Yardvaark,
Thank you for your input. I took a few pictures today but not very good I'm afraid. The house sits on a corner, on a very large, double lot. Ironically enough, most of the yard is planted, lots of trees and color but not much right in the front where this dilemma resides. I'm leaning towards thinking that I need to enlarge the planting area into somewhat of a large boomerang a to use large rocks to bring up the south edge of this planting bed. The house faces south so the whole bed will be south exposure. Today I ran into a neighbor taking down their large pond and I'm going to get enough rock for this project. I've used similar rock in my gardens (limestone I think, as shown in the last photo.)
Any ideas?

Bookmark   August 4, 2013 at 11:46PM
More Discussions
the bane of my existence - what to plant in driveway ribbon???
I live in a historic district... the board has to approve...
lovetorenovate
New construction landscaping
I am looking for any suggestions for low maintenance...
lauracrawford28
Please need help 100% blank slate both front and back
Hi guys glad I found this forum been reading alot of...
lexysdad04
Overwhelmed by new homes
I bought a new home just over a year ago in Northwest...
mistymoon
Landscape Advice Needed | New Homeowners
We just purchased our first home in the southeast and...
Sarah Bain
Sponsored Products
Set of Two Mackinley Cordless Window Swags
Grandin Road
Bronze Table Lamp: 31 in. Dark Bronze Table Lamp CLI-LS495116
Home Depot
Cross Pendant by Resident
$1,395.00 | Lumens
Missoni Home | Pasadena Pillow 24x24
YLiving.com
Safavieh Indoor/ Outdoor Oasis Olive/ Natural Rug (7'10 Square)
Overstock.com
Quincy Brushed Nickel 48.5-Inch Three Light Pendant with White Flat Opal Glass
$132.48 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™