Help with landscaping

madsicSeptember 22, 2013

Looking for any ideas to improve the curb appeal for my house. I was looking to maybe make the driveway bigger. To expand it off to the right so it would accommodate two cars in it. Maybe even make it circular. Any other ideas from paint to flowers would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
madsic

Oh and if anyone knows any body good in Nassau long island ny please let me know who can do driveways and landscaping

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 12:11PM
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

How deep are the beds in front of the house, madsic?

What are the plants in the front beds?

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 12:32PM
duluthinbloomz4

Can't tell the width of the beds - my guess would be the usual fall back to 3'. They look empty save for the tree which is casting a shadow and the two urns at the bottom of the steps.

Do you really want to give up what lawn space you have for extra parking? I live in a college town and the more modest neighborhoods that have gone heavily student rental often have had the front yards partially paved over. A really quick way to remove the charm these areas once had.

What is the tree? A flowering ornamental? It's too close to the house. Better it (or a larger specimen) should be out in the lawn on that right side.

I'm in the foundation planting school - many here are not. Doesn't have to be the usual clipped yew hedge or meat balled hollies. From the street, your house has a slightly elevated site; something around the foundation will ground it.

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 1:44PM
More Discussions
need help regrading
hi, currently the mulch surrounding my home foundation...
mishyq
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
Wind, sun and what best fits my backyard
Hi everyone! Please ignore the grass situation, will...
Bama_Joe
Looking for front of house ideas
We recently moved into this house. It was a new construction...
jsandlin0803
garden design ideas for a raised brick flower bed.
Every year I try with all my might to do something...
midwestmelissa
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™