Help!! :)

acierno1September 9, 2012

My now husband did nothing to the front landscaping for the 10 years that he owned our house. :) I tried my hand at landscaping, but failed terribly by planting Incrediball Hydrangeas and Emerald Gaiety shrubs... it looks terrible! I would like to maybe just start with some nice full shrubs for the front of the house...somethign with seasonal interest.... maybe a dwarf japanese maple?? What would YOU do if you had to do landscaping on this home? We will probably be moving in the next couple years, so I really want this to have great curb appeal but my landscaping skills are hopeless :)

Thanks in advance,

Melissa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
duluthinbloomz4

Where are you? What zone?

Charming house; nice detailing around the door and above the windows. Also a good foundation that doesn't need hiding - the low courses of brick only needs a hosing off to get rid of the splashback. A nice layer of natural colored mulch would keep that from repeating.

Truth be told - I like the house as it is. If I were selling it, despite feeling the urge to tart it up, I might resist and leave it alone. If I bought it, I'd want to put my own stamp on it. The one thing you can never count on is the next owner caring for anything you install.

A nice clean yard has a lot more potential than one with plants/trees/shrubs plopped in willy-nilly.

Bookmark   September 9, 2012 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
Issue with Retainer Wall, fixable or redo?
Hi, first time posting here. I'm looking for advice...
John Turner
Raised Garden Bed Construction Help
Hello Everyone! What wonderful help! I've built about...
Garden Chickee
Landscaping ideas - Need help with suggestions of plants please
We would like to seek help in filling our concrete...
stinerantsen
scary house help
Trying to help someone with this- yipes. I'm thinking...
hightide102
Help with frontyard design changes
Hi, I’m in the process of replacing turf in my front...
quikslvr0017
Sponsored Products
Sunset Rug 5' x 8' - NEUTRAL
$389.00 | Horchow
Polaris 20 Ga Sink 2 Strainers 2 Grids
PLFixtures
Malibu Path & Landscape Lights 4-Piece LED Solar Outdoor Bollard Light Kit
$29.97 | Home Depot
Textured Lines Rug 12' x 15' - MUSHROOM
$5,899.00 | Horchow
Green Six-Piece Knife Set
$59.99 | zulily
Slumber Solutions Gel Highloft 2-inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper with Waterproo
Overstock.com
Remer by Nameeks N85US Single Handle Pull Down Kitchen Faucet - REMER N85US
$611.98 | Hayneedle
Indoor Ceiling Light with Fan: Hunter Brookline 52 in. New Bronze Ceiling Fan 22
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™