Please Help! Any ideas appreciated!

herstie80September 30, 2012

I have no idea where to start with the landscape in my front yard. I am stumped with the bay window and when and where to plant things.I really want to keep it simple with evergreens for ryear round and can add pops of color with annuals.And yes the weird thing above the bay window is awful but have to work with what I have for now :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvaark

The picture is a start, but you should post one that is larger, clearer, brighter and shows more... include clue to where your driveway is. Where's the front door? There are no small trees helping the house look connected to the landscape. Instead, it looks recently placed in spite of the fact of its showing some age. (If it were mine I'd consider a different paint color; it could be a significant improvement.)

Bookmark   September 30, 2012 at 8:27PM
frankielynnsie(7B)

If the trim and house color were a closer match the bay window wouldn't stand out so much. Something to go with the rock work. If someone could photoshop your house colors you would see an instant improvement. The house isn't bad looking and landscaping could tie it all together.

Bookmark   September 30, 2012 at 8:55PM
rosiew(8 GA)

Tell us what the columns are for. Could they be made into an arbor of sorts? What zone are you and what direction does the house face?

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 9:05AM
catkim(San Diego 10/24)

Basic tip: Use your entire canvas as your design space; that is, all the space from the house to the property line. That doesn't mean you need to fill it, but USE it as part of the design. There is a tendency, when looking at a flat photo, to do flat design, as in flat against the house, usually with disappointing results. Three-dimensional design doesn't come naturally to everyone, but it helps to look out your windows to imagine how you'd like to frame your views, or where you would like to focus your views from inside the house.

You will get more replies by adding a few more photos from different angles, some further out and some closer in.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 12:01PM
More Discussions
Where to find 3/8" minus gravel in NY/NJ??
Our community garden is planning to rehabilitate our...
heavens123
Please need help 100% blank slate both front and back
Hi guys glad I found this forum been reading alot of...
lexysdad04
Show Me Your Small Private Backyard Landscaping
Looking for picture-based examples of up to a 1/4 acre...
Bob Sislow
Concrete or Pavers
Hey guys, So I've started the process of having contractors...
jplee3
Huge commercial project behind me
Hi, all. The Deathstar has arrived-- that is, the 60,000...
demeron
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™