Is my gritty mix okay?

samuelforest(5b Montreal)December 12, 2011

Hello guys, I just maked my first gritty mix in Montreal Quebec Canada. It was made with repti bark, turface MVP and poultry grit. I would like you guys to say your opinion about it espiecially AL's one.

Here's how it looks like

poultry grit

poultry grit

Turface MVP

Final product

Final product

Thanks in advance

Samuel Forest

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

Looks good! Only questions are: Did you screen the ingredients and is the poultry grit something other than limestone or crushed shell fish? I know it says 'poultry gravel', but just checking. I'm surprised that you found Turface in Canada. Good job! I know you'll be pleased. Keep your eyes open for a less expensive source of pine/fir bark; and keep your thread active by asking questions as they arise - if they do. ..... and remember that it holds more water than you think it is holding.

Al

Bookmark   December 13, 2011 at 7:31AM
samuelforest(5b Montreal)

Hello Al! Yes, I screened the ingredients and the poultry grit is not limestone and shellfish. It looks like quartz, I really don't know,I checked on the site of the compagny ,but I was unable to find what it was...

Yes I know repti bark is expensive, and here in Canada they sell only 8 quarts bag...

The Turface was not that hard to find, I went on Turface MVP website and I was able to find a distributor near Montreal. It's a big greenhouse that make fertilizer and sells to other greenhouses and even farmers. The turface was bit more expensive than yours because I'm in Canada and it cost 17$, but when I saw the bag, I said OMG it's big. If someone is interested their name is Plant Prod and their website is: http://www.plantprod.com/

Thanks Al
Samuel Forest

Bookmark   December 13, 2011 at 7:54AM
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

You're in good shape ....... and so very welcome. Between a sincere wish for a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays - pick the one that leaves you feeling best!

Al

Bookmark   December 13, 2011 at 10:01AM
samuelforest(5b Montreal)

Thanks Al.

Bookmark   December 13, 2011 at 5:34PM
More Discussions
Help! My slash pine seedlings in containers are turning yellowish
I have several hundred slash pine seedlings I put in...
George Spector
Type of kale... Also, shiny metallic flakes?
Hey, my friend gave me some kale seeds from her plants...
Josie Murray
Cor-ten planters safe for growing edibles?
I'd like to grow some edibles but the best sun is in...
midwestgal67
Need help!..white spots on my lemon seedlings!!
I recently found white spots on the leaves of my lemon...
Kavitha Raghunath
Help with 5:1:1
Some lol-basic questions about quantities needed for...
containergardenerbeginner
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™