Breaking up A Step Run

aloha2009September 9, 2012

We've got the contractor picked FINALLY for the hardscaping. Hopefully he'll be available in the next few weeks so we can have this behind us and begin plantings. Just when I think we have it all decided, the issue of how EXACTLY to do the steps is in question.

We have approx a 100" drop over about 25' long. Several options have been given and they all have their merits.

1.Lower rise steps for a comfortable gait (retirement home) and easier to navigate a wheelbarrow.

2.Two to three sets of steps with landings.

3.One set of steps and then a ramp/slope as it flattens out some.

Being that we're also in the process of remodeling our laundry and designing a major kitchen remodel, I have a serious case of decision fatigue. Any thoughts you might have on what you might do and why. TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yardvaark

"Several options have been given and they all have their merits." The place you're at now--options with merits--is about the limit of help a forum could give. Now someone must do the actual work of calculating the steps/route based on your call of the the best solution. If none of the opinions that have been given previously seem acceptable, and you don't want to make the decision, it would be best to hire a local designer to make the decision for you. That way, it's done and there is no more "decision fatigue."

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 9:49AM
More Discussions
Shrubs need to get pulled out U-G-L-Y
Hi Forum Members: I recently bought my house and the...
dmo12240
What can I put here for privacy
I bought this house 18 months ago and I'm not certain...
Carlton Clay
Need privacy in backyard on three sides (zone 6)
I really like my neighbors but I live in the suburbs...
stlmom77
Please need help 100% blank slate both front and back
Hi guys glad I found this forum been reading alot of...
lexysdad04
Huge commercial project behind me
Hi, all. The Deathstar has arrived-- that is, the 60,000...
demeron
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™