New Here

Apyl(4)January 16, 2011

Hello,

I just found this site today and found some great info so far. I currently live in Illinois but am moving in 9 weeks to Wisconsin. We have 2 acres with a trailer and cabin (going to be turned into a barn). I have plans of acquiring 2 goats, preferably Nigerian Dwarf Goats, so far unless I learn about other breeds that I seem to like. I also plan to have some egg laying chickens as well as a few meat chickens. I also plan to have a garden again. I use to have a nice garden a couple years ago, and it produced very well, but I ended up moving where the landlord wouldn't allow gardens. So needles to say I'm pretty excited about the move and having my own mini farm. I grew up with my grandparents having a large farm and can't wait to get back to basics and nature.

April

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goldenpond((Vero.Beach FL 9b))

Greetings as you see April not many use this side.Tell us how it is going!
tanya

Here is a link that might be useful: whats in a name/P.Allen's Geese

Bookmark   March 6, 2011 at 2:12PM
Apyl(4)

Ya, I noticed it's pretty dead. I actually went over to cafemom and found a bunch of very lively boards.

As for how its going, we move in 9 days. We recently took a trip to the property to get things situated and pulled up the the barn being colapsed, so much for replacing the roof this summer. There is still about 2 feet of snow on the ground, so planting it still a ways off. The chickens and goats are on hold until we can dismantle the colapsed barn and rebuild. So this year looks like it will just be a garden and lots of clean up.

Bookmark   March 7, 2011 at 8:43AM
treasurificgal(z8A CA)

I was on this site years ago, and have often lurked. I have learned a lot of things from the people here. Gardenweb is a great site!

Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 11:25AM
More Discussions
Urgent:Help in Raising Chicks
A healthy mother hen died while it was trying to hatch...
Dakshin Thyagarajan
Guinea Fowl, what do you think of them?
I'd love to hear about your experiences w/these pretty...
sullicorbitt
Raw Milk
Where Can I find Raw milk in western washington?
ivarlucas
Need Spark Plug Wire
I have an old Stihl chansaw (041AV) that my dad bought...
Denn66breck
Wearing fur...
Hi, all! I'm just wondering what everyone's different...
mamacotti
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™