chicken tractor

big_andy(9)April 13, 2010

Hi

Im new here, and was wandering if anyone had any good tips for me today.

My wife wants me to build a chicken tractor so I started to think and came up with an idea. I want to incorporate a couple of stables for small pigmys and also rabitts and of course chickens

This will not be a traditional "chicken tractor". It will be big and I'm not sure where to begin.

Can any one help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goldenpond((Vero.Beach FL 9b))

I have seen rabbit hutches wit a pull out drawer below that they contain the pellets and raise red wigglers for worm castings.Rabbits are very heat sensitive so you do not want them out in the glaring sun. My ag agent/bunny 4 H leader puts frozen 2 litres of water in the pen for them to snuggle up to when the temps raise.
good luck

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 10:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kansasmomoftwo

My husband made a chicken truck to pull around the yard but it has no protection for the winter i don't know if you all no what an old lifestock rack it they used to put it on the back of pickup trucks to haul lifestock anyway thats what he made the chicken truck out of so how do we make a chicken coop for our 40 chickens?? the chicken truck works great tho .... is there any way to post pics? if so i could show you how he made it but to tell you is hard!!

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 6:42PM
More Discussions
Raw Milk
Where Can I find Raw milk in western washington?
ivarlucas
Trumpet vine + chickens = ???
Yes, its a horror. Neighbor has one planted on our...
zensojourner
Rat proof chicken feeder
Been having a few problems with rats (no doubt the...
johnmac09
Dorking rooster with frostbite
Hello, Our rooster suffered frost bite in the dip in...
suyoder
Urgent:Help in Raising Chicks
A healthy mother hen died while it was trying to hatch...
Dakshin Thyagarajan
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™