New house. Design feedback needed.
I'm hoping to get some opinions on a portion of a landscape plan we got for our home. The plan is linked below.
Here are some details that may help:
- House faces North
- House is at the bottom left of a cul-de-sac, so the "all garage" house is the first thing you see as you approach the house.
- Bottom of windows is approx. 6 1/2 feet above the ground
- Height of steps is 2 feet.
- My objective is to landscape in a way that will reduce "fortress" appearance by the windows and work to balance the weight of the garage.
- Below I have included photos of the house along with the aforementioned plan. You can click on the thumbnails to see them bigger.
Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer on the plan in general or more specifically how you think the plan works in achieving my objectives.