My new chicken 'Dorathy' and her portrait :)

sullicorbitt(z5 MA)September 5, 2005

Here is our new girl Dorathy

Here is my latest painting that I just finished this weekend.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
erinluchsinger(z4 - Upstate NY)

Holy crap you're talented! I'd love to send you a picture of our beloved Lucy for you to paint! That portrait is amazing.
Erin

Bookmark   September 6, 2005 at 8:59AM
tressa(SECA)

Gorgeous!!!!!!!

Bookmark   September 8, 2005 at 5:24PM
mamacotti(6)

Hmm...Sheila, when I saw your painting I gasped so hard I think I inhaled a bug!!!

The painting is gorgeous (as is the subject), but I'm afraid it just may kill me! Do you do commissions? (is that even the correct terminology???)

Suzie

Bookmark   September 16, 2005 at 10:22PM
sullicorbitt(z5 MA)

Hi Suzie,
you are too funny! thanks for the compliment :-) . I actually have an outdoor art exhibit tomorrow that I will be entering Dorathy's painting in for competition. The painting as posted here isn't showing up as well (in the photo) as it does in life, it really has much more depth to it. Yes I do commission jobs and oddly enough most of them seem to be of my clients pets...horses, dogs, cats.

I wish I had more chicken space in our coop because there are so many other varieties I'd love to have and being able to paint them is just a side perk!

-Sheila

Here is a link that might be useful: My Artwork

Bookmark   September 17, 2005 at 8:55AM
boopster(8)

Oh wow!!! very nice, you are indeed very talented. Looking at your site, I noticed you had a pic of Sandwich beach:) As a child my father was stationed at Otis as well as Westover AFB, and we spent quite a bit of time at Sandwich beach, very nice memories. I see you have some pics of sheep and Border collies as well, ohhhhhhh, that could be dangerous for me LOL, I may be tempted to commission a pic of my kids :0 Do you give discounts to Garden Web buddies LOL.

Bookmark   September 17, 2005 at 1:10PM
sullicorbitt(z5 MA)

Thanks Boobster, the Cape is one of my favorite places to be, we live about an hour+1/2 from Sandwich and love to go down there for the day. I spent my summers in South Dennis where my grama lived (not far from Sandwich) so I share your found memories.

As for "Dorathy", she won 2nd place in an art show I was in yesterday! she was a fun conversation lead in to my chicken obsession too!

-Sheila

Bookmark   September 19, 2005 at 6:30AM
undercover_owl(8 Pac.NW)

Chickens are the "hot" new trend in art these days, I've noticed.
For good reason... chickens are countryish & charming. In the '80s it was black & white spotted cows, but chicken art is on the rise now. You could sell that painting, sullicorbitt.

Dorathy is a pretty hen, BTW.

Bookmark   October 24, 2005 at 11:52PM
goldenpond((Vero.Beach FL 9b))

I love your painting AND the real thing.Those are such beautiful feathers.I once bought a ceramic red hen and painted it like that.WHAT a chore.I sold it in my antique booth.

Bookmark   November 14, 2008 at 6:48PM
More Discussions
My rooster Pluto is sick :(
ok, he is not "mine" but we all live together...
laura981
omg The Wind Last Nite
Its still blowing here in Pa.It howled,I have a metal...
bulldinkie
Need Spark Plug Wire
I have an old Stihl chansaw (041AV) that my dad bought...
Denn66breck
Staph Aureus in the compost?
Once in a while, one of my hens gets bumblefoot. The...
saffron_parasol
Need help on choosing raw milk farmer
Hello, everyone, I have a little dilemma: I have a...
wwdwgs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™