baby face pictures

lesli8(8TX)October 24, 2005

Here is a face shot

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sullicorbitt(z5 MA)

Leslie, he is so so cute! glad mom and baby are doing well. She did so well, I can't believe he is so huge! (not that I know anything)....so happy for you all.

-Sheila

Bookmark   October 25, 2005 at 7:56AM
erinluchsinger(z4 - Upstate NY)

Did she freshen okay? He is a big boy, but then again I am in utter amazement (no pun intended) everytime I see a cow freshen. AFter having a child myself, I feel for them!

Bookmark   October 25, 2005 at 8:50AM
lesli8(8TX)

She seems to be doing great. I have not seen them this morning I had to go to work. We had our first frost this morning, so I hope he stayed warm enough with all that hair. Hope they had enough sence to stay in the cow shed.

Bookmark   October 25, 2005 at 12:19PM
ccox(z8)

Congratulations! Now you can sleep at night!!
When do you begin milking and how do you know how much you can take without taking too much?
It just may be the angle of the pics, but he looks a month old. What do I know, I've only seen a calf born once and I was only 10.
Keep posting pics.
Carla

Bookmark   October 26, 2005 at 8:16PM
lesli8(8TX)

Carla, Hi! we have been milking for around a week. We love the milk and are getting around a gallon and a half. I just made some queso blanco. The baby boy is Buster. I have some newer pictures of him on my camera but I have not downloaded yet, maybe I can do that tomorrow. I am really enjoying and learning a lot about milking and all things related. I found an awesome new site that is called "Keeping a family cow" after the book titled that. It is a forum run by the author of the book and her name is Joann Grohman. She is amazing and a fountain of knowledge.

Here is a link that might be useful: Keeping a Family Cow

Bookmark   November 11, 2005 at 10:16PM
More Discussions
Guinea Fowl, what do you think of them?
I'd love to hear about your experiences w/these pretty...
sullicorbitt
Mink Attack
Though I thought our duck pen was perfectly set and...
hpyheathen
Staph Aureus in the compost?
Once in a while, one of my hens gets bumblefoot. The...
saffron_parasol
looking for farm software
Hi folks, new here. Well kinda, it's been years anyway. Looking...
arkygirl
propane tank
Is it better to buy or rent a large propane tank--for...
kokosnood
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™