Name For My Farm

2_KatiesJanuary 2, 2013

Hi, Im looking for some creative ideas for a name for my farm. I moved here in Aug after my divorce. Its 20 acres, and really a life long dream come true! I own 5 horses, fostering a starved pony, and I have 2 boarders. Repairing the barn and putting up new fences and paddocks to be able to bring in more boarders. I also want to be able to help/foster neglegted horses/ponys when needed.
I was hoping someone out there may have some creative ideas of names to kinda express what this place means to me.
Thanks! :-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bulldinkie(pa)

We named ours for our name Double B Farm
B
the Bs are interlocking.We have donkeys we were gonna nameit half assed,hubby didnt like that.we wanted to name freaky farm.we had a 4 legged chick born 2 butts,we had a cat that was messed up,we had a chicken take care of 2 ducks,she was a good mother.

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 10:23PM
Krt1

well,... what does it mean to you? examples, new beginning, not done yet, just starting, round two, end of the rainbow, over the rainbow, 2nd chance, at last, heavens gate, home, the list is endless. i know a person who just does basic rescue for horses that people can no longer afford to feed, lost interest and are cruel, they are old and of no practical use other then just looking at, or whatever. the drought has caused a lot of hardship for people, which causes hardship for animals. the rescue person that i speak of would get donations once in a while after people found out what she was doing. please be sure to mention to whoever you get the foster animals from that any amount of funds would be thankful. also it would'nt hurt to tell your vet what you are doing, they should be able to mention it to others and get the word out, i would think, or let you post a notice in their office . hope this helps.

Bookmark   January 6, 2013 at 6:07PM
trisha_51(5 Nebraska)

We have a creek running thru our farm and used that in our name.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 4:26PM
hejerry(9A)

There's an animal rescue place near us called Journey's End. Another place up the road a bit is called Done Moving. Both names appeal to me.

Bookmark   January 11, 2013 at 9:00AM
treasurificgal(z8A CA)

My mom wrote a book and in the book the name of the ranch was "Fin de Finada". The end of nothing. It's from "The Year of the Diamond Mine" by Marian Jones. It just came out this month and is available on Amazon.com. Just thought you would like the name.

Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 9:54AM
trisha_51(5 Nebraska)

You're giving 'new beginnings' to many things. Yourself included. :)

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 9:46PM
Miss_Kitty(6a KY)

We have a small farm - just 5 acres. We call it Jordan's Croft because "croft" is the English/Irish name for a 5 to 10 acre farm.

I think there are other names for small farms in different languages. This is a good way to put your hertitage to work.

Bookmark   February 4, 2013 at 11:16AM
More Discussions
Another septic/well water question...
We have well water which has been tested (not all that...
bill7
Need help on choosing raw milk farmer
Hello, everyone, I have a little dilemma: I have a...
wwdwgs
Why Does A Rooster Crow So Much?
What are they crowing About?He has his women.I was...
bulldinkie
Raw Milk
Where Can I find Raw milk in western washington?
ivarlucas
Urgent:Help in Raising Chicks
A healthy mother hen died while it was trying to hatch...
Dakshin Thyagarajan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™