Incorporating a soaker into a raised planter

ivysmomOctober 19, 2010

We don't have any kind of sprinkler system, and it's a little bit of a stretch from the spigot on the house to the further corners of the property, so I'm thinking of incorporating a soaker hose into a raised planter bed (the kind that is built up using concrete paver-type stones).

Anyone have tips on how to do this? The idea would be leave the end of the soaker exposed somewhere, so that an extension could be attached to the spigot on the house.

Not sure what the pros/cons are for burying a PVC with a permanent hose in it to connect to the house, or just running a hose along the ground.

Thanks :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Sprinkler system piping is very cheap. It only takes a few fittings to be able to attach a garden hose to it at either end. Aldo, there is "soaker" house made for underground irrigation that is also quite inexpensive, if that is the way you want to go.

Look in the yellow pages for irrigation suplliers and talk to them. ... just go in the middle of the day when they are not busy with their wholesale customers.

    Bookmark   October 20, 2010 at 7:29AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
garden design ideas for a raised brick flower bed.
Every year I try with all my might to do something...
need help regrading
hi, currently the mulch surrounding my home foundation...
Ditched my landscaper - yellow pine choice
Going to my local Camellia expert's nursery and just...
Need tips to make garden spiral
so this is kind of embarrassing but I don't know how...
Looking for front of house ideas
We recently moved into this house. It was a new construction...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™