Mulch bed edging

adriantwpmi(Z5b MI)October 21, 2011

I am looking for a nice straight golf course like edge for my mulch beds. Would like to know what members on this forum are using to achieve that look. I have 11 beds so I prefer gas powered to hand.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Two pegs and a string line.

    Bookmark   October 21, 2011 at 5:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adriantwpmi(Z5b MI)

Mulch is in place already - want to straighten out the lines and keep them nice - thinking edger?

    Bookmark   October 21, 2011 at 6:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I know that there are gas powered edgers commercially available at any big box store. The challenge is steering them in the right direction. Perhaps, similar to Ink's suggestion, a wood board with pegs on either end to act as a guide.

Alternatively, look into steel edging for crisp lines that would perhaps require less mechanical edging maintenance. May cost more upfront, but may save you more time in the long run.

- Audric

    Bookmark   October 21, 2011 at 11:24PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Drainage issues!
Hoping the drainage experts can contribute. We have...
Wind, sun and what best fits my backyard
Hi everyone! Please ignore the grass situation, will...
Landscaping front yard, zone 5. HELP!!!! :)
We have recently done some work to our front yard (tearing...
Shrubs need to get pulled out U-G-L-Y
Hi Forum Members: I recently bought my house and the...
Looking for front of house ideas
We recently moved into this house. It was a new construction...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™