Dang Bunnies!

gltrap54May 7, 2012

It's not the adults that confound me, it's those bunnies that lay my bush beans to waste! My very hot fence has had it's strands lowered, to no avail........ I've found the only way to stop them is to use a low tunnel until the plants (or bunnies) are bigger..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MelissaHess(5)

After dropping my son off to school, I took a stroll through my garden and found the same thing! The bunnies are driving me crazy! They have eaten all my celery and my pole beans...not sure what to do :(

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 1:05PM
emgardener

Took me 3 years to perfect a chicken wire fence around my garden that kept out all the bunnies. They are so small, they would find all the smallest holes in the fence to squeeze through. Took a lot of patient observation and fence reinforcing.

But then the squirrels started ravaging all the squash. So I finally got cats. Took down the rabbit fence as the cats do all the work now. No rabbits, no squirrels in the garden.

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 4:31PM
socks

We don't have bunnies, but I can just imagine how disappointing it is to have your efforts spoiled by the little critters. Sorry.

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 5:48PM
Joe1980(5)

My garden consists of a border made of timbers, in which I mounted a 36" utility fence. It is the typical 2"x4" fencing, found at most big box stores. However, to keep the babies out, I installed 1/2" mesh hardware cloth to the bottom 12". Not only does my fence look nice & neat, it doesn't allow any rabbits, big or small, inside. I started with chicken wire, but no matter what I did, I couldn't make it look good, because it is never straight or symmetrical right off the roll.

Joe

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 6:57PM
gltrap54

Well, for what it's worth........ I've covered two rows of bush beans. Worked last fall. Time will tell!

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 8:17PM
More Discussions
What is wrong with my cauliflower head?
One of my cauliflowers with the same soil, fertilizer,...
djkj
I really messed up, who can help? Tomato expert needed...
I planted beefsteak and July 4th tomatoes and didn't...
dwyerkg
Placement of soaker hoses
Hi everyone :) I just started a new veg patch. I made...
mystmaiden
Skirret and Sea Kale
Can someone tell me where I might buy Skirret and Sea...
aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
Boo hoo! Purple sprouting broccoli didn't survive the winter!
I was looking forward to early broccoli this year....
ffreidl z5a
Sponsored Products
Splash Garden Statue - 1098
$29.99 | Hayneedle
Pink Bunny Face Sauce Dish
$5.99 | zulily
Cashmere Bunny Personalized Gund Bear Cutie Collectible Set - Pink - GBCCS-P
$68.99 | Hayneedle
23'' Seated Bunny
$89.99 | zulily
Jackson Night Cube - Eastvold Furniture
$1,214.00 | HORNE