More Baby Pictures 'LOL'

seramasFebruary 10, 2009

Some more pictures.

Get a look at these spurs.

He is an orignal imported Serama, 1999.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beegood_gw

What beautiful chickens.!! Some of the color patterns remind me of the Speckled Sussex I used to have.

Bookmark   February 10, 2009 at 4:04PM
seramas

Some of speckled ones have three colors on a single feather, some with two colors on single feather, then there are some with three different solid colored feathers, and some with two.

There are 7 different color combinations-each color combination breeds true. Trying to develope 16 more color combinations but they are probably 3-5 generations away from breeding true.

Bookmark   February 10, 2009 at 5:24PM
msjay2u(7)

Seramas what pretty birds. I like all of them, although I would not have a black chicken. I like muticolored ones better. I also don't like that big spur on your rooster!! I would be scared of him!!

Bookmark   February 10, 2009 at 8:12PM
seramas

Msjay2u these bird are the most gentle birds you can get. That old boy with the spurs is an original imported Seramas (1999). He has his tags (bands) for the quarantine station on yet. They love human contact. I've never have had a mean Serama Roo.

Bookmark   February 10, 2009 at 8:47PM
msmitoagain

They are beautiful. Love all the colors. We've had our chickens since last year and they still act like I'm trying to catch one to ring it's neck everytime I try to touch one of them.

They come running when they see you coming toward them, they are greedy and want scraps. But, they don't like being held or touched.

But, that's okay, with my 50+ lb dog that loves to lay in my lap and the 5 indoor cats, I have enough animals that love me without getting my feelings hurt about the chickens.

Ramona

Here is a link that might be useful: MY BLOG

Bookmark   February 11, 2009 at 12:05PM
msjay2u(7)

I am on the lookout to extend my flock. everyone told me this would happen. I am going to get 6 guinea hens MAYBE a peacock and definitely some easter eggers. I really want different colored eggs. I might throw in a Seramas too if I can find one. They are very pretty

Bookmark   February 11, 2009 at 7:35PM
More Discussions
omg The Wind Last Nite
Its still blowing here in Pa.It howled,I have a metal...
bulldinkie
Wearing fur...
Hi, all! I'm just wondering what everyone's different...
mamacotti
Guinea Fowl, what do you think of them?
I'd love to hear about your experiences w/these pretty...
sullicorbitt
Urgent:Help in Raising Chicks
A healthy mother hen died while it was trying to hatch...
Dakshin Thyagarajan
Raw Milk
Where Can I find Raw milk in western washington?
ivarlucas
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™