Backyard Advice Very Welcome
We are finally ready to re-do the back yard
We live in Fairfax County, Zip 22033. This is Zone 7a
1. A place to entertain some, grilling out, 6 adults, 3-5 kids.
2. A place for our boy to play some (he's 4 years old as of October 2013).
We have re-done a dilapidated part of the fence already, and we have felled some trees that were sadly mis-treated by the former owners, and had the stumps ground.
We have found a very good local hardscaping company, and they have provided a rough sketch (see link below and they have a lot of Facebook pictures of their work (link in the follow-up )
What do you think generally, all advice welcome.
1. Is the dining terrace to the North (right hand side) big enough to cope with the e.g. Portico dining set?
2. Is it worth considering a pergola around/over the dining area? I'm thinking shade and interest, and screening of the neighbors yard.
3. Where should the grill go? I'm thinking the far side, between the canopy of a crape myrtle and a neighbors large pine. Plus it makes sense to me to have the natural gas line and some electricity spur off to where the grill will be.
4. The smaller "quiet seating area" is quite shady. I'm thinking more cut paving, or possibly random flagstones. The problem I have with the random flags is the filler: I think it's too shady for grass. Maybe small pebbles would work?
OK over to you. I'm good with tools, and we have some. What do you think?
Here is a link that might be useful: sketch
This post was edited by BritCvS on Mon, Oct 14, 13 at 22:09