We got a neglected goat!

natalie312(9)March 19, 2009

We just recently goat a neglected billy goat. Her knees are raw, her hoves were way over grown, her lip won't close properly, and she has a big owie on her nose caused by her harnise. The people we got her from said that she got the owie from pulling to hard on her harnise. We trimed her hoves, we are putting Bag Bome on her nose and knees, and we removed her harnise and put on a regulare color. She is super sweet and i want the best for her. Please let me know if there is anything i can do to make her better faster!

Thank You,

~~Natalie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
runningtrails

OH, the poor thing! You are so good to take in that poor gal, make her better and give her a good home! You do have other goats, too, right?

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 8:28AM
nhsuzanne(z5 SW-NH)

Poor thing. I wish more people understood the nature of goats! They are truly free spirits. Good for you for saving her! She is one lucky girl!

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 9:03AM
brendasue(6)

Congratulations on your new goat!

Sounds like you're doing what I'd be doing for her soers.

Do you have her health chart? I'd worm her for worms & keep her on an easy diet of hay for a few days, gradually acclimating her to your feeding regime, update her CD/T regardless of whether they say she received it this year or not(2cc/s under skin). Careful not to introduce her to lush new pasture if she hasn't been on it, feed changes need to happen slowly.

I'd let her chill for a while as she may be under stress from the move, maybe not. Take things slow.
Brendasue

Bookmark   March 19, 2009 at 12:20PM
natalie312(9)

Thanks!!!
Her nose is doing very better. Yes, she is with two healthy happy pigmy goats. The people who we got her from said that she had given her dewormer this month. Thanks agian you guy's, I'll keep on going what im doing.
Thank You,
~~Natalie

Bookmark   March 20, 2009 at 2:20PM
acorn

I'm confused a billy goat is a male.
No matter the sex of the goat it is lucky to have you for it's new owner.

Bookmark   March 27, 2009 at 6:57PM
More Discussions
Making a little money on the farm?
I realize that much of an enterprises success depends...
dan_denise
Cheaper way to kill fleas on your dogs
The below is what I use on my dogs. We have 20 dogs,...
msmitoagain
looking for farm software
Hi folks, new here. Well kinda, it's been years anyway. Looking...
arkygirl
Dorking rooster with frostbite
Hello, Our rooster suffered frost bite in the dip in...
suyoder
Guinea Fowl, what do you think of them?
I'd love to hear about your experiences w/these pretty...
sullicorbitt
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™