The weather

runningtrailsMarch 12, 2009

This weather is so frustrating! After about a week of rain and above freezing temps in the daytime, we had hardly any snow left. We were almost there! Sometimes spring comes in mid March, occasionally. Then last night BAM! -16c and snow. We woke up to this!!

I guess we're going to wait a bit longer for it to get here, after all. We can have bad winter storms in the first week of April, but not always. Usually the end of March is fairly nice.

If it doesn't come soon, I'm going to scream (but not out loud, well, probably not... )

** Thought For The Week: Just because it comes in your size doesn't mean you should wear it. :-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brendasue(6)

We're just about done here. the rain melted what snow was left, though we can still get a few inches in late March, but it won't last long.

No screaming, it'll come!
Brendasue

Bookmark   March 12, 2009 at 2:46PM
islandmanmitch(z 8/9 FL)

I have spent the past couple of days on the tractor. Shorts and no shirt, no farmers tan going on here. 80's during the day and 60's at night. Most of my fruit trees are in full bloom. Spring is in full swing.

Bookmark   March 12, 2009 at 11:50PM
runningtrails

I can't wait to spend days on the tractor in the warm sun! Sounds like absolutely perfect temps!

Bookmark   March 13, 2009 at 7:37AM
seamommy(7bTX)

It was great weather here for nearly a month and then this week it cooled down, started raining and finally got down to freezing last night. Our last frost date is supposed to be next Wednesday, the 18th. All the fruit trees were in bloom already and I was making plans to plant the garden this weekend. Weather service says 72 on Sunday-I hope so. So, Runningtrails, go ahead and scream if you need it to maintain your sanity, I believe all that snow will muffle the sound OK, and then you can feel better and Spring is just around the corner. Cheryl

Bookmark   March 13, 2009 at 2:04PM
posy_pet(z6Mo.)

My apologies.No wonder you ran out of feed!We had warm weather.My apricots were blooming for the first time.I figure they got frosted but the snow and ice missed us.It's been warm enough in the afternoon that I could transplant and divide some flowers.With my coat on!Posy_pet

Bookmark   March 13, 2009 at 4:11PM
kimreko(7)

Beautiful day here in the NW part of WA. It's got me itching to plant but weather outlook shows next several days rain with highs in mid 30's (poss of snow). It's still dipping into the mid 20's at night. It's been a very untypical winter for us. Can't wait for spring to get into full swing!

Bookmark   March 13, 2009 at 5:19PM
msjay2u(7)

runningtrails i feel bad for you and all that snow!!
We had one 2 snowstorms all winter *so far* and they only totaled about 7 inches. I hate snow!

Islandmanmitch must you rub in our faces that you are in a sunny place already working on your tan and enjoying riding your tractor?? Okay I will say it....I'm jealous. Wah!

Well last weekend it go up to 84 according to the thermometer. then this week dipped down in the 30's. no wonder I am still sick!!

SPRING PLEASE HURRY UP!!

Bookmark   March 13, 2009 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
Urgent:Help in Raising Chicks
A healthy mother hen died while it was trying to hatch...
Dakshin Thyagarajan
First time hatching Duck eggs!!
Hello-- This is my first time hatching duck eggs. I...
christie71
Diatomaceous Earth Anyone?
Okay, so while studying advertising way back in college,...
lfrj
Making a little money on the farm?
I realize that much of an enterprises success depends...
dan_denise
Chickens and Guineas Together
I would like to get 2 chickens and 2 guineas to wonder...
srks72
Sponsored Products
Six-Piece Newport Seating Set
$1,799.99 | zulily
Peer Chaise Outdoor Patio Set of 4 in Brown Red
$1,099.00 | LexMod
Diamond Teak Wood Wall Trellis - TRE2436
$59.99 | Hayneedle
French Letter Postcard Tray
$12.99 | zulily
Woodard Wrought Iron 54 Round Dining 8-Spoke Table with Umbrella Hole
$461.50 | LuxeDecor