Change your clocks back!

brendasue(6)March 8, 2009

Just a reminder to change your clocks back. We lose an hour of sleep, but it's worth it to know better weather & longer days are coming!

Joy joy joy excitement is in the air here! Beautiful day yesterday & today, 60 degrees or so, but back down to the 30's tomorrow.... sob sob.

Brendasue

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marlingardener

Brendasue honey, you mean "set your clocks ahead an hour." It is "spring ahead, fall back" with daylight savings time.
But you're right--longer days, more sunlight and gardening 'til we drop is just ahead!

Bookmark   March 8, 2009 at 11:19AM
adirondackgardener(Western Maine)

And don't forget to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

What! You don't have a CO detector? Think about getting one. It could save your life.

Wayne

Bookmark   March 8, 2009 at 11:56AM
johanna_h(Z5 SW MI)

I'm glad someone's excited about the change coming so early. I live on the far western edge of eastern time, so this morning the sun rose at 8:09 thanks to the change. I'd rather keep my morning sunlight than have an extra hour in the evening when it's still too cold/wet/unpredictable to do much outside. Harumph!

--Johanna

Here is a link that might be useful: My place: Busy Solitude Farm

Bookmark   March 8, 2009 at 12:23PM
brendasue(6)

Marlingardener thanks for correcting me. I got so excited I really messed that up . Oh why can't you edit posts on the forum!

Johanna h: just go by the time change I originally posted-you'll gain two hours! lol. 8:09 wow that's late.

Adirondackgardener yes it is a good reminder for the batteries for CO detectors & fire alarms. In town here a couple of years ago there was a tragic accident during a kids birthday sleepover-CO from the furnace I think it was overcame the kids, the parents were in bed & could barely call 911 they were so out of it. Tragic, very tragic. Thank you for the reminder!
Brendasue

Bookmark   March 8, 2009 at 1:38PM
More Discussions
Raw Milk
Where Can I find Raw milk in western washington?
ivarlucas
Need help on choosing raw milk farmer
Hello, everyone, I have a little dilemma: I have a...
wwdwgs
Trumpet vine + chickens = ???
Yes, its a horror. Neighbor has one planted on our...
zensojourner
Staph Aureus in the compost?
Once in a while, one of my hens gets bumblefoot. The...
saffron_parasol
Ivermectin for doggies
First, DO NOT USE IVOMEC PLUS for heartworm control...
zensojourner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™