Ideas for Fenced backyard
Hey everybody! I recently bought a house, and I could really use some suggestions for making the back yard look a little bit more put together.
I am willing to make major changes including removing those trees (I don't know what they are), reshaping the yard, adding pathways, focal points, whatever you guys think!
I tried to note what plants are there on the image below but they seem to be blurry so I will describe them here:
1) In the front the red lines are pointing to different clumps of daylilies and there are some annual flowers interspersed as well as some herbs on the left close to the wall.
2) On the left there is a red line pointing to a hydrangea which has some asiatic and oriental lilies in front of it.
3) Circled in red on the left near the fence are about 80 tall bearded Iris plants. Behind the iris is some ivy with daffodil bulbs planted throughout.
4) The red line in the back left corner is pointing to a single rose plant (not a climber or shrub).
5) The other red circle in the back is a group of Becky daisies.
6) The rest of the back fence to the right has lantana plants assuming they make it through the winter and hostas to the right of them. There are more daffodils and tulip bulbs planted along the right fence and beside the hostas.
7) It is hard to see in the picture but all along the grass between it and the beds is a single row of flagstones as a divider.
In case the image doesn't post or it is hard to see you can find it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx_b2XROCSioMmIxY2FhMzYtNTI2OS00MmJmLWI3NzktMjNmZjgxNDExZjM5
and one that isn't marked up here: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bx_b2XROCSioZDlmOWEzYTctMjM4OC00NGYyLWFhNWQtNTg3ZGRlNGY4YTAz&hl=en_US