Help!! Strange Goose sickness

dadarioApril 25, 2009

Hello I am from South America, Colombia and I currently acquired two African Geese one male and the other female. Everything was going fine they were growing fast and normally until the little male develope a lump on the left side of his just behind his beak. This lump is squishy , and from the day I noticed it it has gotten bigger, I don't know what it is I thinking about giving him some strong antibiotics, but I would hate to lose him for they are so cute and special animals. Thanks I appreciate any help I can get on the subject.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mersiepoo(6)

It sounds like an abscess, maybe? If so, try garlic instead of antibiotics. I recently had an old tooth abscess flare up. I cut 1 large clove, minced it and ate it. I did this 12 hours later, and after 2 days, the pain was gone. Garlic is an incredible antibiotic, my husband got cellulitis in his face and had to take an expensive antibiotic. Later, he got it again, and instead I made him garlic (make sure it is raw or barely cooked and cut really fine). It cured him after 3 days! Best to give it every 12 hours.

Hope this helps!!

Bookmark   April 25, 2009 at 6:19PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msjay2u(7)

ugggh!! how did it taste and how long did that take to get off your breath and out of your sweat glands?

Bookmark   April 27, 2009 at 9:24PM
More Discussions
Turkeys: how do you know if you have a female turkey?
We have one "pet" turkey, most likely a Broad...
undercover_owl
Making a little money on the farm?
I realize that much of an enterprises success depends...
dan_denise
Rat proof chicken feeder
Been having a few problems with rats (no doubt the...
johnmac09
Another septic/well water question...
We have well water which has been tested (not all that...
bill7
Staph Aureus in the compost?
Once in a while, one of my hens gets bumblefoot. The...
saffron_parasol
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™