I'm looking to buy ducklings but I can't find any local

MallardPonyFarmGirlApril 21, 2012

I have a TSC but their chick days ended a few weeks ago and when ducklings came in they were gone in a day. I would order online but it seems so cruel shipping them so young. Plus, I hate them being shipped and the chance they won't even survive. I need some advice! I looked on craigslist but didn't find anything and I also looked on birdnow. I have looked on efowl, chickens for backyards, and calafornia hatchery. I only want 2 and I would love them to be local. What should I do?!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brothergoom

Sounds to me like you have limited options. Be patient and keep looking or buy eggs online and be patient and hatch your own. You could buy like 10 eggs, hatch em out and sell/trade the extras. This way you have a better chance of selecting a desired variety. Good luck.

Bookmark   April 26, 2012 at 12:24PM
snowgardener(z4 NY)

I had the same problem for years. I wanted Cayuga ducks but didn't want them mailordered. Finally this year I found someone selling them on Craiglist somewhat local. Look around at other Craiglist cities near enough to you that you wouldn't mind driving. And you could put an ad on there that you want ducklings.

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 11:24AM
mersiepoo(6)

Also if you got a local feedstore you can post an ad there as well.

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
Raw Milk
Where Can I find Raw milk in western washington?
ivarlucas
omg The Wind Last Nite
Its still blowing here in Pa.It howled,I have a metal...
bulldinkie
My rooster Pluto is sick :(
ok, he is not "mine" but we all live together...
laura981
Turkeys: how do you know if you have a female turkey?
We have one "pet" turkey, most likely a Broad...
undercover_owl
cattle
I finally found and bought 2 head of cattle just before...
trisha_51
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™