Where can I get some pekin or mallard duck eggs to hatch

wsi_ktApril 14, 2008

I am wanting to hatch some pekins mostly. I did have a male and a female but a racoon killed my male of 2 years a week ago. I would also be interested in some mallards. I live in Illinois and would like to get them from someone close at a resonable price. Any help?

Katrina

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
backlanelady(6oh)

You might want to try www.backyardchickens.com I think that is the url.
They have a forum there with a swap, sell, give aways thread.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 5:15PM
billie_ladybug(5b)

Also most of the hatcheries offer eggs for sale. You can also check out eggbid.com. They have some fun things sometimes. Have fun and keep turning.

Billie

Here is a link that might be useful: eggbid.com

Bookmark   April 15, 2008 at 12:50PM
mokevinb

wsi kt,

Just a cautionary word, before you order any Mallard duck eggs check with your state agency in charge of enforcing the laws concerning wildlife. Mallards are a migiratory waterfowl and fall under the protection of the US Fish and Wildlife Service. In some states you are required to have permits to raise or keep certain species of animals, fowl, fish or reptiles. In Missouri you are required to have them for Mallards, Canadian Geese, Ringneck Pheasants, Bobwhite Quail, Eastern Wild Turkeys, Whitetail Deer, Raccoons, Opposums, Cougars, Bears, and other animals. Do not make the mistake of ordering hatching eggs for a native species without checking first, if you do, someone in a green pick up truck might stop by one afternoon, load up your fowl and hand you a citation to appear in a Federal District Courthouse.

Kevin

Bookmark   April 17, 2008 at 8:19AM
More Discussions
Why Does A Rooster Crow So Much?
What are they crowing About?He has his women.I was...
bulldinkie
Trumpet vine + chickens = ???
Yes, its a horror. Neighbor has one planted on our...
zensojourner
Rat proof chicken feeder
Been having a few problems with rats (no doubt the...
johnmac09
Raw Milk
Where Can I find Raw milk in western washington?
ivarlucas
Staph Aureus in the compost?
Once in a while, one of my hens gets bumblefoot. The...
saffron_parasol
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™