Sick or Hurt Duck

xstalApril 4, 2010

I have a female domestic duck about a year old. She seems to have difficulty standing and isn't as energetic as normal. she will still swim and seems to be eating and drinking just fine, but something is not right. shes not her self and she is too willing to be handled. Very little fight & kicking when picked up. she will waddle with quit a bit of difficulty for a few steps & then promptly sit down. Her tail & wings seem a bit droopy. She seems to have less difficulty & more comfortable sitting in water. I'm very worried she was fine yesterday & I noticed her acting like this to day. What could be wrong with her? My husband seems to think she hurt her leg cause she seems to favor her right side right now. I don't see any cuts or swelling. Something about this reminds me of how chickens act when egg bound. Can Anyone Tell Me What We Might Be Up Against? thanks Xstal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seamommy(7bTX)

Just read your post and was wondering if anything had changed for your duck. I agree with your DH, it sounds like she could be egg-bound.

Bookmark   April 7, 2010 at 3:43PM
More Discussions
Turkeys: how do you know if you have a female turkey?
We have one "pet" turkey, most likely a Broad...
undercover_owl
propane heat vs. electric heat
We live in South Dakotan and have heated our home with...
wildhares
Why Does A Rooster Crow So Much?
What are they crowing About?He has his women.I was...
bulldinkie
lice and ticks on goats
I noticed the other day that my goats have developed...
shellybabe
Staph Aureus in the compost?
Once in a while, one of my hens gets bumblefoot. The...
saffron_parasol
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™