Season's greetings to all on the forum

bahia(SF Bay Area)December 24, 2011

We're often not that traditional in the Christmas traditions here in the Bay Area, but I thought this scene had enough red and green in the photo to sort of qualify. If we can't exactly afford to travel for the holidays anymore with the economy as it is for many of us, may the garden bring solace... Sitting or walking through this garden at any season always brought me a bit of serenity.

Best wishes to all for the new year!

Here is a link that might be useful: A Christmas eve garden in Berkeley

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catkim(San Diego 10/24)

Merry Christmas to you, David! Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy holiday season and new year. Some reds and greens to mark the season.
Cheers,
Kim

Bookmark   December 24, 2011 at 9:19PM
adriennemb2(z3/4)

Best Wishes of the Season to All...and maybe a little snow for me and Woody as well :)

Bookmark   December 24, 2011 at 10:54PM
woodyoak zone 5 Canada(5b)

Season's Greeting to you David - you'd be apalled at the look of things here! :-) A green Christmas certainly means something different where you are than it does here! It's +5C (41F) here and no snow in the 5-day forecast. (Did you get any snow Adrienne?) Definitely a 'green' Christmas: 'green' = soggy green + brown... But I still see the ghost of the garden and look forward to its return in spring, so its resting phase doesn't bother me much. Santa brought lots of reading material to cocoon with, including a book on Fallingwater; a place the idea of which has always fascinated me, so I'm looking forward to learning more about it when the holiday activities wind down and there's time for reading.

Bookmark   December 25, 2011 at 12:30PM
deviant-deziner(Oh zone)

Joyous Festivus. From bromeliad 2011

Bookmark   December 25, 2011 at 1:57PM
karinl(BC Z8)

With all the visits done now I can take a moment to breathe and also sincerely wish everyone a merry Christmas! Thank you for the lovely pictures, from the land where we have as many words for "grey" as the Inuit do (I've heard) for "snow."

Karin L

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 1:46AM
timbu

All the best to all of you, it's as green here as there, and stormy too!

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 8:11AM
bahia(SF Bay Area)

All the best to everyone as well, and I'm sure the Californians posting here are intentionally trying to create climate envy,(well, maybe just a little...), but we do get winter here as well. I am definitely envious of Kim's San Diego right by the bay/ocean climate, where she can grow those colorful Crotons year round outdoors,(or was that your garden on the Big Island of Hawaii?)

I love them for that dazzling foliage color, but have learned to use them as a summer foliage annual, to toss at the end of the season and start fresh with new greenhouse grown plants in early summer. The season for this croton was over about a week ago, as the night temps starting dropping below 40F...

Here is a link that might be useful: Croton, your days of glory are nearly over...

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 11:00PM
drtygrl

I am a little late on my holiday greetings - but happy holidays everyone!
We got a surprise snow storm the night before christmas eve with about 6 inches of snow. So a surprise white christmas for us. On Christmas Day there were beautiful huge snowflakes falling all morning with no accumulation - perfect.
But I do have climate envy, california...

Bookmark   December 27, 2011 at 8:45AM
More Discussions
Spacing for Armstrong Maple and Crimson Spire Oak
I plan to provide height to the borders of my backyard...
Bob Sislow
Brick Patio from Salvaged bricks
I came by about 600 nice clean used bricks for free...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Where to find 3/8" minus gravel in NY/NJ??
Our community garden is planning to rehabilitate our...
heavens123
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
honesthouse
Looking for front of house ideas
We recently moved into this house. It was a new construction...
jsandlin0803
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™