What are these landscape 'hooks'?

cali41December 17, 2011

I have a house that came with these "hooks" attached to the wall with what appears to be silicone, or some sort of adhesive. I want to use these hooks to build my own trellis on a cinder block wall to have vines grow up the wall and trellis.

Does anyone know what these hooks are called, and where I could get them?

I've asked at the local hardware store (Ace) and Home Depot to no avail. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
missingtheobvious(Blue Ridge 7a)

cali41, I believe they're known as "vine supports." Nowadays they seem to be clear plastic instead of metal (wouldn't need to be painted). Note that the first of these ads is from Ace Hardware: maybe they were confused by the change in design and materials.

I've also read of people using "vine eyes" (a type of screw eye). Here's a project for making an elaborate wire grid which is attached to screw eyes or hooks:

    Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 7:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodyoak zone 5 Canada(5b)

Are they perhaps from Lee Valley's wall trellis kit?

Here is a link that might be useful: wall trellis

    Bookmark   December 17, 2011 at 9:39PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Do any of you see any red flags with this design?
We got a landscape design for our new yard that we...
Need help building a retaining wall
Hi all this is my first post so I hope I can get some...
need help regrading
hi, currently the mulch surrounding my home foundation...
Drainage issues!
Hoping the drainage experts can contribute. We have...
Front Yard Landscape Help! Zone 10a
We are looking to remodel the front of our home. We...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™