Small Farm Stand

jennybog(zone 5)May 17, 2010

Hello, I would like to speak to anyone who has a small stand at the end of there driveway. I live about 1/4 mile from maine road at the dead end of a dirt road. I would like to set up a very small stand to sell extra veggies, Goats milk soap, eggs, eggs, and more eggs lol. also pies bisquits ,flowers plants ect.. Thankyou all Jenny Out of my Gourd Farms- Woolwich Maine

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pamghatten(wny5)

Hi Jenny,

I have one at the end of my driveway .. well haven't gotten it out there yet, but plan on it this weekend.

I sell potted perennials. I have a cash box screwed down and locked. And pictures of different perennials I sell stapled to the sides of the stand.

I'm on a road that people use to cut through to other roads, so we get plenty of traffic.

There should be some pictures of it on the attached link, probably in the "My Farm" album.

Here is a link that might be useful: My pictures

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 1:35PM
marlingardener

Hi Jenny, it sounds as if you have a farm stand I want to visit! We don't have a stand--people around here can see our garden from the road and stop to see what is available.
If you are going to sell baked goods, you'd best check to see if your county/state has rules about that.
Also, be sure to put a sign on the main road, well before your turn-off, so people will know that the turn for your stand is coming up. Make it simple: "Fresh farm produce stand, turn left 1/2 mile" or something similar, and then a sign with your farm name and an arrow pointing down the dirt road at the turn-off itself. I don't know how many times I have gone by a stand because I simply didn't know it was there until I was upon it and unable to stop.
Good luck with your stand--with the wonderful things you are offering, the county may have to pave your road to take the traffic!

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 8:13AM
jennybog(zone 5)

thanks maringardener,
I only hope people will come down the road. We have many stands where we live so it should prove interesting.We have a flower Lady at the end of my road so I hope they will go to hers and see my sign. Thanks Jenny Out of My Gourd Farm

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
How do you deal with neighbors' dogs?
One of the neighbors' dogs killed my only 2 chickens...
cranberry15
lice and ticks on goats
I noticed the other day that my goats have developed...
shellybabe
Inactivity on this forum...?
Like I said in an earlier post...it has been 6 years...
buckeye_brian
Need help with a ground cover grass that is fast growing
I'm looking for some input on what kind of wild grass...
broguearcher
First time hatching Duck eggs!!
Hello-- This is my first time hatching duck eggs. I...
christie71
Sponsored Products
Spring Flowers Flag Holder
$19.99 | zulily
Home Decorators Runner: Lancaster Light Blue 2' 3" x 10'
Home Depot
Monogram Stemless Wine Glasses - Set of 4
Home Decorators Collection
Langer Rust Metal Arc Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Charles Ghost Bar Stool
Lightology