Early signs of cat pregnancy =)

alohamillion123May 17, 2008

We recently adopted a mother cat and 5-6 wk old kitten. The mother cat was exposed to a male cat the day before coming to our home so we were told she may be pregnant. This was almost three weeks ago now and I am not seeing any weight gain or bloated look to her. At what point will I begin to see signs of a pregnancy and how long is the gestation period for cats?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dib

.... "Exposed to a male cat the day before coming to our home" in what fashion? Was she in season, or did they just sniff noses? If she was in season, and there is reason to think she was bred, which is, as I recall, NOT a silent or unobtrusive process, then yes, she MAY be pregnant.

Try the link below for a listing of pregnancy indications in cats.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cats & pregnancy

Bookmark   May 19, 2008 at 8:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alohamillion123

Hi Dib,

Thank you so much for the great informative link. Unfortunately, this mother was a free to good home cat and the former owner informed me of the 'incident' with the male cat out of her own good conscience. So I really do not know what exactly occured btwn my female and the male since I was not there. The incident was less than four weeks ago so I will not be able to see any signs (she is still nursing the kitten) other than weight gain but that seems to be coming up soon if she is in fact pregnant. Again, thanks for the link.

Bookmark   May 19, 2008 at 9:46PM
More Discussions
Cheaper way to kill fleas on your dogs
The below is what I use on my dogs. We have 20 dogs,...
msmitoagain
Guinea Fowl, what do you think of them?
I'd love to hear about your experiences w/these pretty...
sullicorbitt
Need help on choosing raw milk farmer
Hello, everyone, I have a little dilemma: I have a...
wwdwgs
Staph Aureus in the compost?
Once in a while, one of my hens gets bumblefoot. The...
saffron_parasol
Inactivity on this forum...?
Like I said in an earlier post...it has been 6 years...
buckeye_brian
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™