Wanted: Eggs to hatch

simplylisa(Tennessee)May 21, 2006

I am wanting to hatch some chicken eggs. I have borrowed an incubator but I don't know anyone around here with eggs. Does anyone know where you can find/buy/get chicken eggs to hatch? We are trying to start a farm ona very limited budget and I know my 4 year old daughter would love to watch our chickens hatch and grow. Any help on finding a source for eggs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Lisa & Kayla (4 year old DD gardening partner)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fancifowl(5Pa)

I can supply a mixed dozen bantam fertile eggs. black Hamburg, Sumatra,columbian Rock, possibly a couple other varieties of hamburg. I normally get $25 per 12, will sell these for $18/12(total cost). shipping cost alone runs $8-$9. These bantams are all show birds which win at National levels. they also make great pets and are good layers of small eggs.

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 4:30PM
alohamillion123

Hi,

Yes, kiddos love to watch them hatch and see the little sweeties! Both my boys adore ours, at least when they are still little that is =)

If you pay shipping, I can send you some eggs, they will be arachauna (sp?) probably green but I cannot guarantee they will be bred from that breed rooster...but 1/2 chance hehehe!

Shoot over an email and we can make arrangements if these will strike your fancy.
Stacey in Iowa

Bookmark   May 21, 2006 at 11:06PM
velvet_sparrow(Zone 5b, Gardnerville, NV)

Ooh, fanci, you are sorely tempting me, I love those little banties...*L* I seriously must resist right now though...*sigh*

I also offer eggs from my mixed flock of standard sized birds and bantams, we've got a little bit of everything here. If you don't mind the 'box of chocolates' never-know-what-you'll-get thing, I just send mine for the cost of shipping, which is around $15.00 for three dozen eggs. The only catch is I'd like pictures of the chicks when they hatch, and again when they get to be adults. :) You can get a look at my chicken page with pics of my flock here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~velvetsparrow/VSChickMeetMyFlock.html

You can also get eggs from eggbid.com, especially if you are after a particular breed.

Enjoy your chicks wherever you end up getting the eggs from, watching eggs hatch is a truly amazing thing to see, especially for kids. :)

Velvet ~:>

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 1:28AM
kimberlee(z5 IN)

Go to the local feed stores and put up signs asking for fertile eggs. Tell the owners what you want. Usually they know their customers very well and can connect you with ones who own chickens.

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 9:23AM
zeke(Iowa)

you might check e-bay .
the last time i looked there were 9 pages of hatching eggs .
Zeke

Bookmark   May 22, 2006 at 8:06PM
assilem4791_gmail_com

Try looking here www.Ovabid.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Ovabid

Bookmark   April 9, 2009 at 2:23PM
More Discussions
Mink Attack
Though I thought our duck pen was perfectly set and...
hpyheathen
Wearing fur...
Hi, all! I'm just wondering what everyone's different...
mamacotti
Trumpet vine + chickens = ???
Yes, its a horror. Neighbor has one planted on our...
zensojourner
Dorking rooster with frostbite
Hello, Our rooster suffered frost bite in the dip in...
shihtzu4su
My rooster Pluto is sick :(
ok, he is not "mine" but we all live together...
laura981
Sponsored Products
Hydro Systems Redondo 6918 Tub
Modern Bathroom
Hammock: Tropical Palm Stripe Soft Comfort Hanging Hammock Chair
$83.99 | Hayneedle
Let It Flow Throw Blanket
$59.99 | Dot & Bo
Wembley Park 3-lt Outdoor Lantern
LBC Lighting
Personalized Pet Bowl Holder - C
$250.00 | Horchow