Lets Share Ideas,Helps All........

bulldinkie(pa)May 28, 2008

Ya know we're all gonna need all we can get...

Does anybody have ideas for saving money,time on your farm.Like any ideas whats good for bedding maybe cheaper,nicer than shavings..Ways to sssssssttttrrreeetttccchhh the dollar till you cant ssstttrreetttcchh anymore ha Ways to make things a litte easiertips???Anyone???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mersiepoo(6)

Growing your own mangels and sugar beets for livestock is a good start. I got a 1/2 oz of mangel seeds from Rh Shumway awhile back, if all goes well I will harvest them in the fall for chicken food for the winter, if the mice don't get to them first.

We have a sawmill close by and we get sawdust from them for free. :) Problem is, they haven't been working much in the past few months.

Not sure what sorts of things you are looking into saving money on, except for feed costs stuff like that.

Bookmark   May 28, 2008 at 5:39PM
msjay2u(7)

you can plant bottle gourds and make your own birdhouses.

Bookmark   June 2, 2008 at 12:47AM
marlingardener

When your and your neighbors' vegetable gardens overproduce, set up a co-op to sell them. Set up a table with an umbrella in one yard and take turns manning it during peak buying hours (we find the on-the-way-home crowd buys the most). That way everyone wins--gardeners get money and purchasers get fresher produce at slightly less than grocery prices. You will find that customers will return frequently and you get to meet some nice people.

Bookmark   June 2, 2008 at 7:51AM
More Discussions
Tethering steers
Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone has done this...
mersiepoo
Cheaper way to kill fleas on your dogs
The below is what I use on my dogs. We have 20 dogs,...
msmitoagain
old water well question...
There is an old well on our farm that used to be run...
lesli8
Need help with a ground cover grass that is fast growing
I'm looking for some input on what kind of wild grass...
broguearcher
Water Well Question
I have an old water well on my property. It was originally...
srks72
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™