Elec Fence Question

msjay2u(7)May 21, 2008

I had someone put up an electric fence for me. One part of my area is very slopy. The person put the fence line to follow the slope of the land. Consequently some areas are low on the top where I think the goats can jump over it if they wanted to. Some areas the fence is high because of the dip and they can easily crawl under it. I have logs in front of it but they have managed to crawl under the fence. Right now I have them in a contained area until I can figue out how to fix this issue. Has anyone had this problem and how has it been remedied?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kydaylilylady(z6 KY)

Where the fence it too high and they can go under it if it's not across a stream where you can't put in a post, put another post in the low area. If you can't put a post there wrap electric fence wire around something heavy, like an appropriate sized rock, and tie it to the fence to pull the wire down. If you need to run a double strand of fencing if you think you need it.

Janet

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 8:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msjay2u(7)

you just gave me an idea. I might put a seperate piece of fence in the dips and then put a connection to the hot wires. I have 4 strands on the main fence

Bookmark   May 22, 2008 at 8:26PM
More Discussions
Need Spark Plug Wire
I have an old Stihl chansaw (041AV) that my dad bought...
Denn66breck
propane heat vs. electric heat
We live in South Dakotan and have heated our home with...
wildhares
Making a little money on the farm?
I realize that much of an enterprises success depends...
dan_denise
looking for farm software
Hi folks, new here. Well kinda, it's been years anyway. Looking...
arkygirl
Guinea Fowl, what do you think of them?
I'd love to hear about your experiences w/these pretty...
sullicorbitt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™