Abbey - crop question

laturcotte1June 29, 2012

If I force feed her how will her crop work if she isn't eating anything to grind down the food. Right now its scrambleed eggs and mash, she won't need grit for that correct. Boy do I sound dumb. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justplaincountry

Sorry it's taken so long for someone to respond. Maybe no one knows. I for sure don't but here are a couple of guesses. She does need grit to digest. Put some parakeet gravel in her food. I use that when I have baby chicks off the ground and confined when very young. Also. I find that a bird/chicken/duck often is effected with some lameness when fed too high a protein diet.... The yogurt, eggs and such are very high protein.... try canned veg. green beans, some corn, carrots , pinto beans etc. soft, and low protein. When my ducks come down with lameness from getting sweet feed from the horses, I confine them and give them shredded carrots until the recover. Sounds like Abbey does want to make it. Is it possible to put her next to her true love or maybe with him. He might encourage her. Also, don't know if your are inclined but this time of the year I'm often found in the mater patch picking off mater worms for my chickens. They are fools for the ugly things. Just mention that because insects,worms are a natural diet and Abbey may benefit from bugs.
Now I see Abbey's mom fliting around the yard with a net looking for some bugs for Abbey? Abbey is a lucky chick/girl.

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 10:42PM
More Discussions
Dorking rooster with frostbite
Hello, Our rooster suffered frost bite in the dip in...
suyoder
Cheaper way to kill fleas on your dogs
The below is what I use on my dogs. We have 20 dogs,...
msmitoagain
Inactivity on this forum...?
Like I said in an earlier post...it has been 6 years...
buckeye_brian
Ivermectin for doggies
First, DO NOT USE IVOMEC PLUS for heartworm control...
zensojourner
Trumpet vine + chickens = ???
Yes, its a horror. Neighbor has one planted on our...
zensojourner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™