Ivermectin dosing...one more time

phurst1959June 25, 2011

OK, just call me dense. Math is NOT my strong suit. If I mix 50ml 1% injectible Ivermectin with 450ml propylene glycol does that make my dose 1.0ml per 10 lbs. body weight? That is the mix ratio and dose I used for years for my boxer based on information given me by a pharmacist, a vet, and the kennel master at a local hunting plantation. Someone PLEASE make this simple for me. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rockguy(7a)

What does the dog weigh?

Bookmark   July 8, 2011 at 8:07AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phurst1959

25 lbs, 80 lbs, and a growing Lab puppy whose weight is changing weekly. PLEASE, just tell me if my mix ratio and dosing is correct. That is all I want to know. I don't mean to be curt, but I can't seem to get a straight yes or no answer from anyone and I am becoming VERY frustrated. Everyone wants to give me "take this times this then divide by this, but if they are this, then do this, etc." kind of answers. The vet I used for years has passed away and the people who have taken over the practice won't even discuss this with me. The kennel master has retired and moved, and the pharmacist has also sold out. I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but I just want a simple, to the point, kindergarten level answer. Thank you so much for even replying.

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 5:00PM
More Discussions
mean Turkey
My tom hates my daughter and all little kids is there...
michelle_annk
Urgent:Help in Raising Chicks
A healthy mother hen died while it was trying to hatch...
Dakshin Thyagarajan
Water Well Question
I have an old water well on my property. It was originally...
srks72
Dorking rooster with frostbite
Hello, Our rooster suffered frost bite in the dip in...
shihtzu4su
Chickens and Guineas Together
I would like to get 2 chickens and 2 guineas to wonder...
srks72
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™