I have bought a hobby farm!

sewcrazynurse(MI zone 5)June 21, 2010

Years ago when I learned to can this forum taught me and when I bought a farm with my husband this form showed me where to start to be productive.

During and after my divorce I have been stuck in town with my four kids. Today how ever I have bought a farm. Words cannot express how happy I am!

So once again I am starting out in farming and I will be asking for your advice. I will begin now.

Where do I find used electric fencers? (Of course you know he kept everything.) Auctions are out. I work full time and have online classes.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pamghatten(wny5)

Congrats ... fence chargers (is that what you are looking for?) can be bought at a local farm store, Tractor Supply, or google them and order them online.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 1:28PM
goodhors(z5 MI)

Craigslist is the used stuff shopping place now. Seems like you can find anything there! I now have two cattle, a trailer, patio stones, other things we found on there when we needed an item.

Sometimes you can find auctions on Weekends, pick up things you want or need. You NEED to know prices, so you don't overpay. Check items out totally, before bidding because once you buy, it is yours working or not.

Congrats on the new place.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 5:02PM
goldenpond((Vero.Beach FL 9b))

Oh you have the AMERICA DREAM!
Take your time,read it all,(Mother Earth,Grit etc) and visit neighboring farms. Don't let the old grouchy ones get you
off track!
Have fun
tanya

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 9:27PM
More Discussions
Need Spark Plug Wire
I have an old Stihl chansaw (041AV) that my dad bought...
Denn66breck
Turkeys: how do you know if you have a female turkey?
We have one "pet" turkey, most likely a Broad...
undercover_owl
Mink Attack
Though I thought our duck pen was perfectly set and...
hpyheathen
omg The Wind Last Nite
Its still blowing here in Pa.It howled,I have a metal...
bulldinkie
Guinea Fowl, what do you think of them?
I'd love to hear about your experiences w/these pretty...
sullicorbitt
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™