http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/muneca_fl

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msbatt

That's "Psyche", not "Psycho". (*grin*)

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 6:21PM
texaspinkpixie(8b)

Hey got psycho cosmos seeds and yep mine are named "psycho"

Not very many because I planted out more than half of the pack but I would be happy to send you what I have left :)

Here is a link that might be useful: wildseed psycho cosmos

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 4:26AM
muneca_fl(9)

msbatt,
The seeds that i'm looking for is the Pshycho white cosmos, not the Psyche. If you do a search in the internet you'll find some pictures and information.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 11:33AM
texaspinkpixie(8b)

Hahaha....

Guess me and the crazy daisies and psycho cosmos should look for some sort of group therapy!

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 11:41AM
littleonefb

Actually, the correct name is cosmos psyche white and has been the name for at least 20 years. That was when they first appeared and where being sold as a new "breed" and a semi double pure white cosmos and I started growing them every year.

It is a common practice for seed companies to change the name of common flower seeds that have been around for some time; a practice that I abhor personally as it is nothing more than an attempt to get the consumer to believe that the plant is a new plant, when in fact is the same old plant with a new name and tricks the consumer into believing it is some new plant.

This is what has been done with cosmos psyche in this case, also being done by parks seeds with the cosmos candystripe been around forever and now being renamed cosmos peppermint candy and called new. it is nothing more than cosmos candy stripe with a new name.

if you do a search for cosmos psyche plant and then do one for cosmos psycho plant, you will find, on your own, they are the exact same plant, even the pics used most of the time with them are identical.

Fran

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 1:25PM
muneca_fl(9)

litteonefb,

Thank you for the information.

Bookmark   March 7, 2012 at 2:38PM
woofie_gw(5b)

littleonefb,
Do you by any chance have an authoritative source for your information? I'd like to update a database I'm involved with that contains both names, and it would be nice to be able to have a reference for the correction.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 9:30PM
jaynine

Having worked in the seed business I can tell you that every seed house who produces these varieties lists them as 'Psyche'. They were probably renamed by retailers (happens all the time) without the customer knowing the difference.

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 8:55AM
More Discussions
Looking to trade
Let say that I'm not liking this new format at all....
mori1
HAVE: Seeds! Seeds! Seeds!
I've adding many new seeds to my trading list within...
EricaBraun
Let's Regroup! How About a Roll Call for GW Seed Exchangers?
We can stay in touch if we post our old GW username...
katjaqu
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5
Adopt-A-Newbie ongoing list 5 we came from here: Adopt-A-Newbie...
leila hamaya
Will anyone have fresh hellebore seeds soon?
Hi everybody, I'd like to trade for some fresh Hellebore...
vaflowernut 6b sw va.
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™