Just moved to new house

schatham(7)April 4, 2012

We just moved to a new house within the same zone & left most of the non-potted plants at our other location - many had gotten too big to move.

We were overrun with hummingbirds at our other location & want to entice them here now. Consequently, we had planted several butterfly bushes, bee balm, hummingbird vines & coreopsis at our other location in order to draw hummingbirds, butterflies and bees around our house.

I tried to carry what I could salvage from seeds, but sadly, nothing but the hummingbird vine was the only thing that has come up from my initial planting. I'm trying to find cuttings, seeds or plants from any of the above items if anyone has them in abundance. Since I'm new to this location, I have virtually nothing but what's in the yard - ivy & vinca - but I've got lots of it.

I'd be glad to reimburse for the cost, time & trouble if anyone is able to help me out on any of the above items from our old house. I'd also appreciate any suggestions for possible alternatives if the above ones don't pan out.

Thanks!!

SC

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimryder(5)

Emailing you. :)

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 10:54AM
cashclan(7)

Hey,
I'm in zone 7 also and even have the same initials as you!!! heehee

I can send you some forsythia and some different types of butterfly cuttings for whatever you have to trade.

(((HUGS)))
Sharon Cash

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 12:02PM
gardenweed_z6a

I have fresh seeds from my 'Black Knight' butterfly bush + quite a few other seed types since I also garden for the bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. They're yours for postage & self-addressed label. Sending an email.

Bookmark   April 5, 2012 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
Updated trade list.
Would love to exchange seeds. Check out my exchange...
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
hardy hibiscus
Does anyone have hardy hibiscus seeds they would share...
Sophie Harding
HAVE: Newbie Seed Project 2015! packs available
the generous donations keep coming in. Right now, I...
bakemom_gw
WANTED: Galbanum seeds
I'm interested in seeds of aromatic “Galbanum,”...
ansarac951
wanted: daylily seeds
Looking for daylily seeds. I have sarracenia rhizomes...
ericmd01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™