rock salt & chickens
I have a small patch of poison ivy I need to kill and don't want to use the conventional method of spraying the patch with weed killer/poison as I have chickens (and cats) that peck around and nap in this patch under the trees. The manager at the feed store I go to suggested I cover the poison ivy with rock salt to kill it but I am concerned that the chickens might eat the rock salt and get sick or worse. Can anyone tell me if using the rock salt is safe around the chickens. Thanks.