cage building

Naomi MillerAugust 30, 2010

Hello everyone, I have been building my own cages for several reasons for a year or so. Some are for grow out cages for chicks, some for rabbits etc.... At my local TSC, I can find 'cage wire' but it is not as rigid as some of my store bought cages and I would like to know if any one knows a good reasonable source for cage building supplies?? I have a very nice set of stacking rabbit cages where each cage is framed with metal work that locks in to the next cage and makes them stackable when necessary...... I can not find a source for the frame metal... also if anyone knows of a good J clip plier, please send me a link because I have broken three of those cheap ones sold at TSC for building rabbit cages......thanks so much for any input you can offer....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oregonwoodsmoke(5 OR Sunset 1A)

I don't know where you would get the wire, but Jeffers Livestock catalog sells cage clips and other assorted cage accessories for chicks and rabbits.

There will be a metal and scrap yard somewhere in your area that buys scrap metal. They'll let you take a look at what they've got and sell you anything you find, by the pound.

Bookmark   August 31, 2010 at 10:48PM
More Discussions
Need help on choosing raw milk farmer
Hello, everyone, I have a little dilemma: I have a...
wwdwgs
Making a little money on the farm?
I realize that much of an enterprises success depends...
dan_denise
Raw Milk
Where Can I find Raw milk in western washington?
ivarlucas
Inactivity on this forum...?
Like I said in an earlier post...it has been 6 years...
buckeye_brian
omg The Wind Last Nite
Its still blowing here in Pa.It howled,I have a metal...
bulldinkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™