worms in my corn plants

Sunnygrl44(florida)June 22, 2013

I have worms in my corn plants that haven't even grown 1 ft. they haven't tasseled yet, still young. I have been battling wither white flies or aphids since planting my garden. I have tried everything that is supposed to get rid of them, and none of it works, they just laugh at me and fly around. I believe I have used so much stuff to get rid of them that I have gotten rid of all the good pests, I have white powdery mildew on my squash plants, and now these green worms in the corn that hasn't even matured yet. I believe I bought some bad soil and got my money back for it, but there's always something new, any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I am not a novice to growing my own veggies, I have gardened everywhere in the U.S. and never had this much trouble growing vegetables.
Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

Sorry but I'm not sure what advice you are looking for. The worms in the corn? Can you post a picture of them or at least provide a detailed description? Corn ear worms are green but if there are no ears or tassels then you wouldn't normally see them when the corn is as young as you describe it.

Both Bt (Dipel) and Spinosad are both quite effective on corn ear worms and Spinosad works on whiteflies too..

I have tried everything that is supposed to get rid of them, and none of it works,they just laugh at me and fly around.

So what all have you tried and for which pest? The whiteflies? They are the only thing that flies around. The aphids? The worms?

Is gardening in Florida new for you? Different planting times, different pest issues, etc.

Dave

Bookmark   June 22, 2013 at 4:38PM
More Discussions
Do eggplants have high yield?
I'm going to grow one. Thinking of growing two. Do...
shijitake
Sincere Question - Why Participate?
If I had found this site from doing a web search because...
soilent_green
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
gridgardener
Asparagus woes
I piled leaves on my asparagus bed when I cut it back...
nancyjane_gardener
Tomatoes in Autumn?
It's late summer, about to be autumn for me, and I...
Heather Riley
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™