Calling all who use Electric netting for poultry...

camariaAugust 5, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I'm planning on having a small run for my three chickens installed around their coop using Electric poultry netting. The spacing in this netting is 2" at the bottom. Do any of you use this netting?

http://www.premier1supplies.com/deta...?prod_id=20197

Success with predators? Have you had small predators such as weasels sneak through? Do you still lock your girls in their coops at night? I was considering leaving the pop hole door open if the run is surrounded by electric fence. Your thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennybog(zone 5)

The guy who owns a large farm up the road has about 40 chickens. He uses it. It rotates his netting everyday to avoid lice and mites. We are getting a coop next year and that is what we plan on doing for health manangement. hope that helps

Bookmark   August 7, 2008 at 9:23AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Miss_Kitty(6a KY)

I love my poultry fence!

I bought an 84' length last year, and wish I had bought the electric charger for it. That was my mistake. The ducklings, being less susceptable to electric shock from my "normal" fence charger got out. So I don't recommend a "normal" fence charger (it was a 5 mile charger) for little poultry. But for those nearly full grown even my fence charger kept them in.

This is the first fence that my JRT will not challenge. He avoids it completely. In fact, I've been toying with the idea of putting the dogs in the fence. Then I can let the birds free range and get the grasshoppers.

My main predator is my own dog. I don't recall loosing any ducklings to the hawk while they were in the fence.

This is where I found my fencing. I'm not sure if they are comparable with other companies, because I couldn't find another source when I looked.

Here is a link that might be useful: Premier One Fencing

Bookmark   August 7, 2008 at 6:45PM
More Discussions
Giardia from ducks and chickens?
I really hope this topic hasn't been posted numerous...
chickenmama1
Urgent:Help in Raising Chicks
A healthy mother hen died while it was trying to hatch...
Dakshin Thyagarajan
My rooster Pluto is sick :(
ok, he is not "mine" but we all live together...
laura981
propane heat vs. electric heat
We live in South Dakotan and have heated our home with...
wildhares
Ivermectin for doggies
First, DO NOT USE IVOMEC PLUS for heartworm control...
zensojourner
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™