Reading about spraying dogs for fleas

mersiepoo(6)October 4, 2012

Our family dog (she was 8 years old when she got what turned out to be her final dose) had seizures after she had frontline applied to her. My mom gave it to her, and she said right after she put it on, the dog shivered when it was applied. A few hours later she started having seizures for the first time. She went to the vet and they put her on medication to slow them down, but it didn't help her much. We started giving her some flax oil pills which helped for awhile but my mom wouldn't change her diet to a raw food diet (which may have helped) and she started to get worse after a few months. We finally had to put her to sleep a month before her 9th birthday because the seizures had made her blind and she kept having more every day. I would be wary of using it on older dogs to be sure. Of course the vet said there's 'no way' that could have caused them, but how do they know? They don't!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cearbhaill

I'm so sorry...

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 8:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jennijenjen(z9b FL)

We had a similar situation with a beagle that we had to put down since she kept having seizures and we also suspected Frontline.
Now I make homemade dog food and go as natural as possible with our dogs. With fleas, we've had some success with soaking them down with chopped up lemon peels.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 10:30PM
More Discussions
Cheaper way to kill fleas on your dogs
The below is what I use on my dogs. We have 20 dogs,...
msmitoagain
omg The Wind Last Nite
Its still blowing here in Pa.It howled,I have a metal...
bulldinkie
Why Does A Rooster Crow So Much?
What are they crowing About?He has his women.I was...
bulldinkie
looking for farm software
Hi folks, new here. Well kinda, it's been years anyway. Looking...
arkygirl
Dorking rooster with frostbite
Hello, Our rooster suffered frost bite in the dip in...
suyoder
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™