LA Layer Chickens??

brendasue(6)November 3, 2009

Can someone send me info on this breed? Is it a breed?

A friend of the family just sold us 12 pullets for 4 each, said they were LA Layers? I've never heard of them & tried looking them up, but havn't found the breed? Good price so we took them.

They're ~ the color of Buff Orphingtons, light red/orange.

1 was white w/ a little bit of orange, so obviously a cross of some sort but the others are uniform in color & looks.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brendasue(6)

Anyone?

Bookmark   November 4, 2009 at 8:30PM
nelda1234

Can you give us a picture - I have never heard of them. Maybe with a picture we might be able to make a guess? With the colors you are describing it kinda sounds like a cross of Red Sex Link and Orphington. I tried looking them up also and could not find a thing either.

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 8:19PM
brendasue(6)

Thanks Nelda. No pics-I have never been able to figure out how to post pics to this site.

I suspect there is no such breed, the person we bought them from is a long=time family friend, however somewhat of a smoozer (though innocently). I've looked & looked but havn't found anything, add the non-response from the forum & I think there may have been some miscommunication somewhere between the breeder & our friend.

When I see him again I'll try to clarify with him. I think you may be right, though. I just hope they lay eggs as they are supposed to be layers!

Bookmark   November 7, 2009 at 6:32PM
velvet_sparrow(Zone 5b, Gardnerville, NV)

Could be Cinnamon Queens...? Sex links come in all kinds of lovely colors. :) What is their body type like, combs/wattles and leg color?

See if any of these look like your girls:
http://feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/Sex-links/BRKSexLink.html

Velvet ~:>

Bookmark   November 13, 2009 at 12:45PM
luke_oh(zone 5 NE Ohio)

Is he a basketball fan? Maybe he said LA Lakers.

Bookmark   November 15, 2009 at 1:51PM

...and I now have a wonderful mental image of chickens in tiny basketball uniforms! :)

Bookmark   November 15, 2009 at 5:24PM
luke_oh(zone 5 NE Ohio)

Velvet, remember the chickens that used to put a little basketball in the hoop and was rewarded with a few pieces of corn, honest. Maybe your're not old enough to remember. I saw it on TV...I think it was in black and white,too. I was just a kid.

Bookmark   November 16, 2009 at 3:55PM

No, I don't...but I'll bet that sooner or later someone'll put it up on YouTube! I've seen videos of the fortune telling chicken and the 'dancing chicken'.

Bookmark   November 17, 2009 at 6:38AM
brendasue(6)

Hello again,

Sorry it took so long to respond. Dad was admitted into the VA Hosp. for Kidney stones, visiting took an hour trip 1 way . He's home now, for 2 weeks anyways on 2xday IV treatments for infection.

These chickens do kinda look like the Cinnamon Queens, though a bit more orange, smaller combs I think, slim like layer breeds usually are. We started getting eggs-they are green-thinking a cross here. I havn't been able to get a pic with all that has been going on.

Could be he said LA Lakers, I'll have to look that breed up, lol.

Brendasue

Bookmark   November 17, 2009 at 8:09PM
More Discussions
Guinea Fowl, what do you think of them?
I'd love to hear about your experiences w/these pretty...
sullicorbitt
Wearing fur...
Hi, all! I'm just wondering what everyone's different...
mamacotti
Ivermectin for doggies
First, DO NOT USE IVOMEC PLUS for heartworm control...
zensojourner
Mink Attack
Though I thought our duck pen was perfectly set and...
hpyheathen
Need Spark Plug Wire
I have an old Stihl chansaw (041AV) that my dad bought...
Denn66breck
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™