Animals

tagra123November 9, 2010

I've come to this forum to get info for a while now. We have a small backyard farm with goats, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, ducks, and we have a 1000 square foot garden. Between the animals and the garden we raise about 85% of all the food we eat.

We have been looking for a program to help us manage the breeding of our rabbits -- we have 18 rabbits and it can get hectic. Just yesterday we happened on to the auction area of backyard chickens, another site I browse frequently, and found a program called My Animal Manager. It was/ is on sale for $9.99 and it fit the need we had.

The breeding area is just great and it will remind us when animals are due and is just what I was looking for. It has a feed and production which I'm looking at tonight. Love it so far. I had to share the link because it is something I have been looking for for over two years.

Hope it helps someone else too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Special Offer Link Found On BYC Forumn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oregonwoodsmoke(5 OR Sunset 1A)

Really? You can't manage 18 rabbits?

My system involves a free calender from the feed store and a pencil, plus home made cage cards. Works fine and I don't have to advertise it on garden forums.

Bookmark   November 11, 2010 at 8:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tagra123

Wasn't advertising, found something , liked it mentioned it to others. 18 doe rabbits is a lot when you push them hard for production and have 50 other animals, not to mention the babies and other work to do too. We used to use a calendar too but this made more sense to us to save time. Cage cards are OK and if that's what you want good for you.

We could afford the 9.99 to simplify our work -- too bad you can't.

I just assume people with negative or unconstructive comments keep the to themselves. After all, if you don't have something nice to say keep it to yourself.

Bookmark   November 12, 2010 at 12:38PM
More Discussions
Need help on choosing raw milk farmer
Hello, everyone, I have a little dilemma: I have a...
wwdwgs
Guinea Fowl, what do you think of them?
I'd love to hear about your experiences w/these pretty...
sullicorbitt
Trumpet vine + chickens = ???
Yes, its a horror. Neighbor has one planted on our...
zensojourner
Mink Attack
Though I thought our duck pen was perfectly set and...
hpyheathen
Ivermectin for doggies
First, DO NOT USE IVOMEC PLUS for heartworm control...
zensojourner
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™