Stained Glass Window Mosaic

cuttingupSeptember 13, 2006

I am trying to use up my small pieces of stained glass. I am in the process of doing a 6 panel window using small stained glass pieces using a mosaic method. The glue I bought said you need to let it set for 2 min. before you apply it to the surface. Some of my pieces are very small and this is very time consuming. I am using Carpenter's Goop [glue says it is waterproof and glues to glass]. Do you think I could spread the whole glass panel with glue and then put down pieces? That would mean some areas would spaces with no glass. Would this give me problems when I go to grout the window? Do you know of a glue to use for outside use that is waterproof and will work on glass and not yellow? I'd appreciate any guidance from you in this matter.Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
valleyrimgirl(2b)

Since you have had no one respond to you on this forum, why not try the Garden Junk forum. There are a lot of crafters there who do beautiful mosaic work and they may be able to answer your question. What you are doing, they call 'glass on glass'.

Brenda

Bookmark   September 17, 2006 at 10:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mizcaz_mac_com

I use Mac glue on my mosaic and have been very happy with it. You can buy it online.

Bookmark   September 16, 2008 at 6:20PM
More Discussions
New Tomato Painting
Is this site still active. I don't see much recent...
sheryl_ontario
Art Gallery
The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden is the...
Harley099
Metal Garden & Wedding Arches
Hi all! I need some advice on a new venture I've started....
111irene111
Making a Hypertufa Millstone Fountain
I just completed my first hypertufa project and it...
splais
Critters in My Garden
My first video Here is a link that might be useful:...
purpleroses
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™