Paphiopedilum Orchid Botanical

inchworminjersey(7)October 31, 2003

These flowers almost look like people to me. Any comments or thoughts appreciated. Thanks, Kathy (inchworminjersey)

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carole_NSW(N.S.W., Aust.)

Kathy I enjoyed your painting expertise - I think you must slip into another wonderful world when you can capture images on canvas like you do. I particularly enjoy botanical and insect creations. By the time you complete your artwork I can well understand how they've developed a personality all of their own that you associate with.

Bookmark   November 1, 2003 at 7:56PM
deanneart(z5Southern NH)

HI Kathy, that is lovely. Is that watercolor? Do you grow the paphs? They are really terrific. I've got several that are getting ready to open and will be neat. I love that the flowers stay open so long.
Deanne

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 9:05AM
inchworminjersey(7)

Thanks Carole for your comments, and yes, Deanne, I am growing the Paph that is shown right now. It has lasted for weeks and weeks and shows no sign of giving up the show. I have it in the basement under lights so those cool growing conditions help it along. I don't water it all that much...every nine days or so...but I do spray them in the AM with a mist.

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 10:26AM
deanneart(z5Southern NH)

That is very neat that you are growing the paph you painted! I love to work from my own plants or photos. The floral piece in my post here was worked up completely from my photo morgue. I had to change colors out because the rose originally was a Peace and I didn't have any yellow in the painting.

The paphs are just terrific really. They are so satisfying because the flowers, as you said, just last so darned long. I've got one right now that has six buds ready to go!!! It has enormous chartreuse and apricot flowers. YOu'd love it. Anyway, lovely painting and also great that you grew it!

Bookmark   November 5, 2003 at 1:20PM
More Discussions
Pink Roses in Oils
Just found this one and thought I would post it. Image...
ceebee
Record Pots / Garden Art
***Better Not Start Seeing These On Ebay*** LOL Made...
dethcheez
does anyone have pictures of painted rocks
I love painting on rocks. I wonder if anyone has also...
roserabbit
Stone Yoga
Just reaching out for a new market. Local Stone Engraver...
Stoneman85
Art Gallery
The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden is the...
Harley099
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™