Copyright comparison

samakiJanuary 16, 2006

It seems that the attitudes of web sites vary quite a lot.

Here, for example, is what the Epson Photo Center says about pictures that people post on the Epson site -

"Copyright

All right title and interest in individual photographs posted on the Site will remain the exclusive property of the individual owner of the applicable photograph, and Epson claims no copyright or other proprietary right in these works. However, Epson does hold a copyright in certain portions of the Site and in the entire contents of the Site (in the aggregate) as a collective work under the United States and other copyright laws. You may display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download portions of the material from the different areas of the Site solely for your own non-commercial use. Any redistribution, retransmission, or publication of any material or content on the Site is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner. You further agree not to modify or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the Site."

The difference is remarkable.to say the least.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

Well, THAT's more USER FRIENDLY! I do think it makes a difference if it's a photo-hosting site, though.

If you look at the wording for other forums, (which I did for hours the other night) you'll see very similar to what iVillage has put up...with just a few additional words.

They seem to be covering themselves for every possible liklihood of suit that may come up against them.

~Rosemarie

Bookmark   January 16, 2006 at 10:28PM
More Discussions
Camera effects for details.
I have a Sony mavica FD 88. I am trying to get details...
garf_gw
please help id this plant
My friend grew this cute plant from seeds that he found...
Steph5647
Pls help me identtify these houseplants #1
My mom asked me to take care of these plants, but im...
macbunny
Identify plant
Hi I need some help identifying this plant that is...
missmollyy
Sponsored Products
Campania International Purrfect Friends Cast Stone Garden Statue - S-482-AL
$489.99 | Hayneedle
Campania International Manhattan Outdoor Fountain - FT-228 - NATURAL
Hayneedle
Campania International Hummingbird Cast Stone Planter - P-626-AL
$144.99 | Hayneedle
Campania International Pisa Cast Stone Bird Bath - B-054-AL
$109.99 | Hayneedle
Campania International Acorn Bird Bath Fountain - FT-31-NA
$529.99 | Hayneedle
Campania International X3 Outdoor Fountain - FT-125-AL
Hayneedle
Campania International Rustic Rolled Rim Cast Stone Planter - 27 in. - P-545-AL
$529.99 | Hayneedle
Campania International Small Antique Foo Dog Cast Stone Garden Statue - OR-152L-
$54.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™