Bouquets to get you through Winter

jjstatz29(5)February 25, 2014

Before I moved out to the country I lived in Omaha and worked as a floral designer.

Thought I would post a few pictures to help those of us still stuck in winter to get us through.

From when I was working for the floral shop

Hope you enjoyed and may your winter be over soon (I mean, unless you need more chilling hours or something)

Bonus:

Monster seedless cucumbers... and my reaction ha.

-Jordan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Love the first bouquet with iris and peony. What's the little pinkish filler flower? TIA

Bookmark   March 1, 2014 at 7:51PM
jjstatz29(5)

Purple Lunaria - I regretted picking them once I realized what it was, but the fragrance is strong - similar to that perfume camp-fire scent of heather.

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 8:17AM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Thanks! I have the white version. Had no idea it also came in purple. I like the way you used it.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:24AM
jjstatz29(5)

I know I just recently found a few different colors of lunaria... and with different colored pods! There's one in particular that gets purple mottled foliage and purple foliage - Lunaria Annua âÂÂRosemary VereyâÂÂ. As well as a variety that gets purple flowers and red-bronze pods - I think it's 'Pennies in Bronze'.

Speaking of pods check out Thysanocarpus radians 'Fringe Pod'... Uhnnstt... I need it in my life.

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 11:16AM
triciac(Geelong, Vic)

Can see you are a floral artist. I love the furry buds, in the second photo, haven't seen them since I left England. The dark pink arrangement in photo 6 is fabulous.

Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 6:14AM
jjstatz29(5)

Good ol' pussy willow - It grows like a weed here! Haven't a giant one in the backyard

The dark pink one is hot lady roses, pink gloriosa, green hypericum, and lily grass.

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 11:14AM
More Discussions
Identify this plant please
Hi can someone please tell me what this plant is called...
rycooder
Pls help me identtify these houseplants #2
My mom asked me to take care of these plants, but im...
macbunny
Can anyone identify this plant?
I grew this from a cutting given to me by a neighbor. She...
jeff_leites
macbunny
Camera effects for details.
I have a Sony mavica FD 88. I am trying to get details...
garf_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™